Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Installed my Dension MP3 unit

Rodders_UK

How long did it take? Did you mount the main unit in the boot and if so were the leads long enough? I'd like one but it comes third on a list with double glazed windows at number two so it'll be a while yet... :rolleyes:

It took about half a day to install. I mounted the disk unit in the boot. All the wires were long enough except for the RCA leads - I bought some better quality 5m ones which were fine.

I had to lift the carpet and remove the rear seat to get the wires in - the GS comes apart pretty well though!!

Originally posted by javadude

How long did it take? Did you mount the main unit in the boot and if so were the leads long enough? I'd like one but it comes third on a list with double glazed windows at number two so it'll be a while yet... :rolleyes:

What's at No. 1 ?? :)

In at number 1 is paying off a large credit card bill :o - in part due to buying lots of tyres - 1 from wear, 3 due to punctures :rolleyes: and 2 'cause of odd probs I was having with mixed make tyres between front and rear. Then there was the car insurance, family holiday etc...etc...

Soon as it mounted up I got a Virgin card with 0% for balance transfers for 6 months - nice :D

Rodders,

Just joined you as well, having mine fitted tonight, picked it up in Charcoal and with the 80gig drive. The guy that I spoke to said that the FM modulator will only be a temporary thing as they are currently developing some other little tricks to get the signal in to the head unit. I'm not very clued up on the tech side so it wen tway over my head :o

Excellent - well done Simon.

Dension is developing an interface between the Cd changer and the MP3 unit - for some cars only (sadly not the GS300). However, the FM modulator works perfectly.

If you need any help at all - yell out - both Grangey and I have these units and I'm sure that between us we'll be able to assist with most probs - I installed mine myself.

Anyone know if the Dension's support WMA format? I have just under 40,000 tracks in both MP3 and WMA, (windows media audio for those that dont know) many small devices are now supporting this growing format, if it doesn't, are they gonna?

Cheers

Adeyb

theres a bunch of cheap software that will convert WMA to MP3 in a batch process - leave it overnight and see how many it can do!

try these

http://www.wma-mp3.com/

http://www.softlandmark.com/Audioconvertor.htm

or search on Google - theres loads out there!

Yeah - the files will be bigger, but write 'em to a distinct folder, copy 'em to your car MP3 unit, them delete 'em off the PC, and only hold the WMA files there.

would really like one of these myself, but am holding out at the moment to see what happens with law on using a phone.

I may get a Bluetooth handsfree kit (this one) so want to check up on this first.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links