• 36-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • 71-80
    • 81-90

20 here!

MOT centre were reluctant to give me the keys back

The same is likely to happen to me for exactly the opposite reason.

• Like 1

Interesting results! Lower age groups than i expected to see and the Lexus brand perception.

probably slightly skewed by people who use Internet forums

Ah yes, maybe. Spoil sport!

• 2 weeks later...

Extension of this topic is whether the car we drive changes as we get older. Had my first Lexus (IS diesel) at 54. Now on my 4th (IS hybrid) at 62 and had considered CT. Family told me I am not old enough for that yet and I'm glad they did. Will the 20 something's stick to IS / GS or whatever they drive now?

I'm 31 and a bit of a tech lover, so decided to experiment with more advanced powertrains. Just swapped my IS200 and 745i for a GS hybrid, and boy am I blown away.

In fact, I love its powertrain so much that my next cars will most definitely be electrified in some form or shape, be it a hybrid or full EV. It will also need to be able to self-drive through traffic jams (we're getting there).

So here's something for you, Santa: 3rd-gen Lexus IS + GS450h powertrain. 0-60mph in 5 sec, 40mpg average, with instant, smooth, and continuous supply of torque. One can only dream :)

• 5 weeks later...

3rd-gen Lexus IS + GS450h powertrain. 0-60mph in 5 sec, 40mpg average, with instant, smooth, and continuous supply of torque. One can only dream :)

...and lo and behold, I found it. Except that it is an Infiniti. And it has Nissan Skyline lineage and AWD too B)

Most definitely a car I'd consider next: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/infiniti/q50/postcode/sw1a2aa/radius/1501/onesearchad/used,nearlynew,new/sort/default/fuel-type/hybrid

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 27, owned a Lexus IS200 since 21 and then switched to an IS220d, had that for four years.

Considering a few mods to it as, being honest, was considering moving to something more radical like a 350z or even a 4.2 V8 Audi S5. But, as testament to what Lexus does best, unless I'm looking at spending some serious money, there is no car out that can match the Lex for it's kit and it's refinement!

So, begins the long journey of engine mods (limited for the 220d I know) and aesthetic mods!

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• 11 months later...

Okay, I'm in the 61-70 group.

And yes! I feel that there are advantages of being an old git.

One thing I can sit back and think "I was around during the Summer of Love". Peace, grass, make love not war, karma, flowers in hair, very little bring you down, psychodelia, Woodstock (even though I didn't get there). Wouldn't have missed it.

Way to go! Man! LOL

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Surprised by the very low percentage for my age group.

Old enough to enjoy George Macdonald Fraser before the PC people criticised his really enjoyable works. The piece he wrote for the Daily Mail in 2000(?) about the influence of Politicians was an astute look at the way the Country was heading.  What he'd think about  todays World situation I can only imagine would be despair and incredulity.

• 1 year later...

33 and on my first - GS250.

I owned a Volvo S80 at the age of 30 mind and I loved that car. Replaced with with a Mercedes E350 which was mistake and owned several Mercedes, BMWs prior as well as a VX cavalier - the less said about that one the better.

2 hours ago, st4 said:

33 and on my first - GS250.

I owned a Volvo S80 at the age of 30 mind and I loved that car. Replaced with with a Mercedes E350 which was mistake and owned several Mercedes, BMWs prior as well as a VX cavalier - the less said about that one the better.

What happened to that nice c class silver estate Stevie?

What happened to that nice c class silver estate Stevie?

That goes back. It was replaced with the Volvo S80

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

17 years essentially driving the same car, Ls400s ........  from a youthful age 51 ( when I was maybe expected to have a Ls400 ) to now, age 68 and onwards to forever .......  hhahahahaha

The turn of power and speed hasn't left the car BUT it has left me unless I'm actually in the car :yahoo:

Malc

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought the average would be much older then that, although maybe a lot of the older Lexus owners aren't going to be online as much. I think the newer models are definatly attracting younger buyers similar to what Volvo is doing right now. Don't know what my excuse is, at 14 my dream car was an LS400 🤣

• 2 months later...