Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Points On Ya Licence

Doodlebug

I understand that he is not allowed more than 6 points in the first two years of passing his test. Is this in addition to the points he had before he passed?

I'm not sure how it works with the existing points and I can't remember when they brought in this rule or the specifics, but if you get the six points in those two years I believe your license is revoked and you have to do a theory and practical test again.

http://www.roadsafetyuk.co.uk/camnews.htm

M25 Cameras Net £600,000 in fines Since February 2004. A string of cameras being used to enforce a 40 mph stretch through roadworks of the M25 motorway has caught 10,000 drivers since they were activated in February. Many people think that variable speed limits should be in place and that to enforce a 40 mph limit at two o’clock in the morning is unreasonable. This particular stretch is between junctions 12 and 14 and once that has been widened the 40 mph limit will be moved to between junctions 14 and 15. On this occasion the £60 fixed penalty fines will go entirely into government coffers and not into police funds because it is a national motorway project. The lower limits imposed at roadworks are there to protect the workforce and it is essential that drivers are aware of the dangers. In the case of the M25, electronic signs in the central reservation show the number of speeding offences recorded since the roadworks began.

I got it from here, and assumed as there was no mention of 3 points you wouldn't get any?!

I've had a fixed penalty of £30 but no points, when I had a mis-spaced number plate.. :whistling:

http://www.roadsafetyuk.co.uk/camnews.htm

M25 Cameras Net £600,000 in fines Since February 2004. A string of cameras being used to enforce a 40 mph stretch through roadworks of the M25 motorway has caught 10,000 drivers since they were activated in February.  Many people think that variable speed limits should be in place and that to enforce a 40 mph limit at two o’clock in the morning is unreasonable.  This particular stretch is between junctions 12 and 14 and once that has been widened the 40 mph limit will be moved to between junctions 14 and 15.  On this occasion the £60 fixed penalty fines will go entirely into government coffers and not into police funds because it is a national motorway project.  The lower limits imposed at roadworks are there to protect the workforce and it is essential that drivers are aware of the dangers.  In the case of the M25, electronic signs in the central reservation show the number of speeding offences recorded since the roadworks began.

I got it from here, and assumed as there was no mention of 3 points you wouldn't get any?!

I've had a fixed penalty of £30 but no points, when I had a mis-spaced number plate.. :whistling:

From reading that article, I get the understanding that the £60 goes to a different source .. and not the police, it doesn't mean that you do not get the 3 points.

What you received, was a £30 non endorceable ticket.

Endorceable tickets, are all @ default = £60 fine and 3 points !

I guess that article can be a little mis leading, although it doesn't actually say that you 'dont' get the points ......

• 6 months later...

Hi, sorry if I'm highjacking. I have a question. I was out today and drifted over the 30mph speed limit to nearly 40mph. A police woman had one of those hand speed thing and waved at me to slow down. Will I get a ticket? If so how much will the fine be? I have been driving only 2 months now and am devestated and very worried that I will be banned. I have no other tickets as I always go the limit until I drifted today. Also when will the ticket come? I would much appreciate replies.