Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heating Elements In Drivers Seat

japerformance

Hello all, just found out about this forum as i was searching for heating elements for my 1996 ls400. so thought i would join in as i am a member of many forums due to my interest in cars.

can anyone tell me where i can find the elements for the drivers seat as lexus wants 137 and 87 + vat for both which is a bit steep.

i am told this is a very common problem so there must be somewhere else that does them. also i am after a stereo for it as my display has started playing up which i am also told is a common fault. :driving:

hope to play an active role in the forum as i am a mechanic and tuner on my spare time.

regards :driving:

Hello all, just found out about this forum as i was searching for heating elements for my 1996 ls400. so thought i would join in as i am a member of many forums due to my interest in cars.

can anyone tell me where i can find the elements for the drivers seat as lexus wants 137 and 87 + vat for both which is a bit steep.

i am told this is a very common problem so there must be somewhere else that does them. also i am after a stereo for it as my display has started playing up which i am also told is a common fault.  :driving:

hope to play an active role in the forum as i am a mechanic and tuner on my spare time.

you can try this person that i found on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4508466861&rd=1

good luck

i am told this is a very common problem so there must be somewhere else that does them. also i am after a stereo for it as my display has started playing up which i am also told is a common fault.  :driving:

you can try this person that i found on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4508466861&rd=1

good luck

hi ya,

yeah i tried him and he is the one that told me it is a common fault and everytime he gets a 400 in thats the first bits to go so he aint got any in at the moment.

will keep me eyes open though

cheers

I don't know how the seat element is installed in the LS but I fixed one in my Saab a few years ago. Element was pushed into a slit in the seat & was broken in the middle. I pulled up the cover, lifted the element out & rejoined it with a crimp connector - was still going when I sold it 2 years later.

Hardest part was getting the cover back on without creases (cloth not leather).

If you're prepared for a bit of DIY it may be worth having a look yourself. Use a multimeter to measure the element, should be a few ohms to a few 10's of ohms resistance - yours is most likely open as its not working (worth checking first in case it's something else).

• 5 weeks later...

My local Lexus dealer told me that the cost of the new seat heating elements would be about $400 USD each, two in each seat. (Neither of my back nor seat elements work on either the driver or passenger side.) He said that the local automobile upholstery should could probably get the same results for about 1/3 of the cost.

My local Lexus dealer told me that the cost of the new seat heating elements would be about $400 USD each, two in each seat.  (Neither of my back nor seat elements work on either the driver or passenger side.)  He said that the local automobile upholstery should could probably get the same results for about 1/3 of the cost. 

The seat elements are wired in series so if one fails the other one also won't work.

Hi

Radio display or backlight?

LCD display can be done by Radioman in the states. There are probably mender men nearer home though.

Regards

Steve