Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Are The Vin Plates On A Lexus Is200?

del_boy

Hi all, im new to the club and dont yet have my lexus. Im in the process of buying now and have got one lined up for friday but i would like to know where to look for the VIN (vehicle ID plate) plates. I have HPI'd the car and its all clear which is good. Can anyone else offer advise on things to look out for? Im really keen to buy one now!!I hope this one on friday isnt an old dog.

Thanks all! :blink:

hi there

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...ex_v2&id=41&c=5

this should take you to the page outlining what to look out for when buying second hand lexus is 200.

if it doesnt work its because im crap on a computer :blush: but go to the homepage and look in lexus knowledge then halfway down the screen on the left there is the article on what to look out for

hope it helps :)

hi there

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...ex_v2&id=41&c=5

this should take you to the page outlining what to look out for when buying second hand lexus is 200.

if it doesnt work its because im crap on a computer  :blush:  but go to the homepage and look in lexus knowledge then halfway down the screen on the left there is the article on what to look out for

hope it helps  :)

worked a treat thanks! The model is a Y reg 2001. Any further info on the VIN plates?

• 6 years later...

Hi,

I am going to look at the car tomorrow and if I am happy with it may put a deposit down.

Now this is ok for the guy i'm buying it off but where is my Assurance?

So I was thinking I would remove the ECU for my assurance.

Can anyone tell me where the ECU is located and how big of a job it is to remove.

Regards A.Eccles

• Like 1

Hi all, im new to the club and dont yet have my lexus. Im in the process of buying now and have got one lined up for friday but i would like to know where to look for the VIN (vehicle ID plate) plates. I have HPI'd the car and its all clear which is good. Can anyone else offer advise on things to look out for? Im really keen to buy one now!!I hope this one on friday isnt an old dog.

Thanks all! :blink:

I have a 2002 IS300 and the vin plate is on the bulk head at the rear of the engine more to the passenger side (uk car)

There is also a VIN attached to the passenger side dash viewable through the windscreen.

Hope this helps :winky:

• 3 years later...
  • 6 years later...

21 minutes ago, mark Bourke said:

hi Stuart, do you have anymore info on your missing vin plate? 

UK supplied vehicles produced before 2003 have the chassis number stamped into the bulkhead, with a aluminium chassis plate riveted to the bulkhead too.

Vehicles from 2003 have a chassis number stamped into the bulkhead but the chassis plate is now a white label at the bottom of the B pillar on the passenger side.

• Thanks 1