Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Project Is200 Genesis

petejenkin

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well, here is the finished Charger. Polished nicely on the top half and the bottom has been painted in Granite Sky and a heavy metalflake lacquer. I sorted the problem with the plastic cover. I was going to have an aluminium one made, but it turns out that its actually not just a cover and forms the main element to drive the pulley. The pulley is actually a shear-coupling, so if the charger ceases, the centre drive will shear from the plastic cover to minimise damage.

With this in mind, I had to just make do with a nice design for the front cover along similar lines to the main body grafix. It will have to do.

FinishedCompressor001.jpg

FinishedCompressor003.jpg

FinishedCompressor002.jpg

The wheels have now gone to be polished and painted and the body kit has also gone for prep and paint. The car comes off the road early next week so we can begin the major work of replacing everything......

Its not a mug Zee, its what is left of my Christmas Scented Candle - It smells of Mince Pies when its lit :P

Yes Im having the wheels done too. The 18" Mania Vermont wheel spokes are to be painted in Granite Sky and again lacquered with metalflake, and the rims will be polished to a mirror finish.

Well, Ive come across a problem, which I thought I should share with you all, just in case you decide to do something similar.

We tried to polish the cap-head bolts which are in the 18" Mania Vermont rims, and guess what - they're plastic :crybaby: and they have melted :crying:

Ive spoken to Mania in Liecester, and they can get some more - around August time :crying: . So I think I may have to extract every one of them (14 per rim) and tap the holes out and fit some alluminium ones. Apparently, there are alot of aftermarket split-rim look-a-likes that use chromed plastic bolts for cheapness.

If anyone is thinking of polishing their spilt rims - check them first to see if they are metal, otherwise it will end up being a time consuming job.

Well, Ive had to drill out every bolt and now Im faced with trying to find some more. Ive spoken to WheelMania who can get them sometime this year !

I suppose I could use M6 and just bond them in, but I dont have much depth to play with. The hole is shaped the same as a cap-head bolt, with enough depth to have only 5mm of thread. I dont know if its possible, but I hope I can source some M6 x 5mm Stainless Cap Head Screws, which I can polish and bond them straight in. Failing that I m gonna have to use M6 x 10mm Alluminium and cut 5mm off each one - all 56 of the blooming things.

Does anyone know if you can get M6 x 5mm cap head screws ??

Pete, I'm not exactly sure what you're after but I got my screws for the TTE Airbox ages ago from a place called www.modelfixings.co.uk - might be worth giving them a go as they do allsorts of screws.....

My Gauges came today, very nice too. I opted for the Autogauge Smoked ones, you cant actually see the dials until you switch the ignition on. Ive tested them, and I like them very much. Ive got the Boost Gauge, Electrical Oil Pressure and Electrical Oil Temp, all to be mounted in an A pillar mount. I was hoping to have an EGT and AFR, but space is rediculously tight as I dont want to be drilling unwanted holes into the dash, but then again, I wonder if there is such a thing as a blanking plate so I can ditch the Hifi and have an aftermarket one fitted, that way I would have some space above/below it for some more instruments.

What I need, is a spare drivers side A pillar trim so I can experiment with the A Pillar Pod Mount. It needs alot of work to get it to fit right.

Ive managed to source a switch pod, which is going to sit central ontop of the dash top tray. This will house the switchgear for the show lights and Nitrous etc as follows:

Switch 1 Nitrous Arming Switch

Switch 2 CO2 Purge & illuminate

Switch 3 Main Underbody LED Master Control

Switch 4 Under Bonnet LED Master Control

Switch 5 Under Bonnet LED Pulse

Switch 6 Under Bonnet Strobe

I also need to find a place for the Maximiser Digital Progressive Controller. maybe I could mount it where the Hifi is, if I can find a nice fitting blanking plate.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links