Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow

Damer

Got my car back yesterday then - when it started to rain!

My Boss couldn't stop laughing when I told him why I wasn't in work in the afternoon! He said " All Show and No Go!" as he got into his BMW 5 series! :devil::tomato:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I noticed the last time we had bad snow the IS300 drivers were okay, think it may be something to do with the extra VSC those vehicles have being superior to what is in the 200....

The T/C does seem a little more useful on the 300 but the VSC doesn't poke it's nose in until things are really bad :lol: the main difference for me is the auto-box.

If it was really slippery, I had to turn off Trac on the 200 (manual) because it would just kill the power/apply the brakes until it stalled.

Now I've got auto it can't stall - the car will just creep forwards (you can hear the ABS pump going nuts) and slowly you get some momentum - then it's fine.

I had no real trouble yesterday even though the roads around me were fairly bad coz the barstewards hadn't bothered to grit.

My Boss couldn't stop laughing when I told him why I wasn't in work in the afternoon! He said " All Show and No Go!" as he got into his BMW 5 series!  :devil:  :tomato:

I would have thought a 5 was no better in the snow - it's still rear-drive and fat-tyred.

I'm in Whitworth so I know how you feel, but I didn't get stuck yesterday despite being on an un-gritted hill - change them tyres :D

My Boss couldn't stop laughing when I told him why I wasn't in work in the afternoon! He said " All Show and No Go!" as he got into his BMW 5 series!  :devil:  :tomato:

I would have thought a 5 was no better in the snow - it's still rear-drive and fat-tyred.

I'm in Whitworth so I know how you feel, but I didn't get stuck yesterday despite being on an un-gritted hill - change them tyres :D

My car is now with Gordon ( and his mate Steve). Should be getting the tyres sorted and a few other things :whistling: .

I have to be nice to him - he might replace the engine with a Starlet one otherwise! :D :D

I can exclusively reveal Aido that it is NOT a charger!! :( :( Insurance company won't touch me with a bargepole because of my age (22)

I was going to get one from Pro-Lex but couldn't! Its ironic that the usual reason stopping me getting stuff is the money -but in this case its the insurance company. The price that Prolex are selling them at is well worth it!

Bummer :crying:

It was Steve himself who did most of the work on my car, the charger itself was fitted by Chris' mate Mick and Steve has done pretty much everything else on there, top fella :)

• 5 weeks later...

Never mind snow , its just as lethal when its raining hard!

In snow I can reverse mine off my drive but forget about going forward in the thing once on the road.

The dealership told me to switch on the snow button, turn off traction control and fill the boot with bags of sand :-) but an IS200 is just too scary in those conditions and best left in the garage. Rather inconvenient when I'm a sales rep though ...

With mine being an import, no such thing as a snow button. When we had a bit of ice in MK, mine was a bugger, very little traction and even less when slowly acc off roundabouts. Not looking forward to any snow like we had last year about this time. Could be interesting driving

hmm,

well - I have to say, that I personally like to drive in the snow.

Although my 225/45/17 wheels are considered to be bad on snow (too wide) I like them - why You ask?

I get lot of oversteering ;-) And that's FUN.

Sliding along the road across town, slightly oversteering and powersliding it through the junctions, other drivers saing "damn - that guy is crazy" - now thats an enjoyable ride.

and oh yeah - chicks also dig it.

And because in Estonia we have snow for 3-4 months in winter - I can snow-slide the IS quite a lot.

:-)

maybe if we had snow more often, the veiws on snow driving would change, but snow is rare in th UK part, more use to rain than anything else :lol:

would like to play around in the snow but I'd end up either down a ditch or up a tree :lol:

:blush::blush::blush:

WTF !!!!!!!!!

i have no idea how this pic ended up in this post, however i was updating some pics at the time so somehow i think i must have clicked on the attachment at the bottom :lol:

anyway i may aswell introduce Florence seen as though shes here for all to see.

if you want to buy her fleece ive just put it on eBay for sale thats why she is wearing her warmer.

anyway ill get my coat now :whistling:

thank ***, i thought the whole pic had downloaded for a second there.

a very innocent pic of my sheep florence, but could be used against me at a later date.

the pic was obviously too big which is why it didnt load, just as well, if i can get the hang of resizing pics i willpost you a pic :winky: