Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by rameshmehta

Hi guys,

The driver's seat on my Lexus 400 is now sagging at 70,000 miles. So much so that it is quite uncomfortable to sit on it. Any bright ideas other than total replacement?

My LS400 has only done 40K and is sagging too. I am taking it up with Lexus. Initial answer is well upholstery is not covered by warranty but my view is under sale of goods act it must be fit for the purpose it is intended. A car at this price should have a sagging seat at 100K let alone 40K. If any one else has taken this up keep us posted . I will let you know how I get on.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by superchargedIS200

if i may interject.............

would be nice to have a LS at the JAE..............:cool:

Would have been good to be there but I shall be at the Game Fair in Hampshire that weekend - I got an offer of tickets in the grandstand for Lords too on Saturday! It all comes at once!

Originally posted by JMRussell

Hi guys,

The driver's seat on my Lexus 400 is now sagging at 70,000 miles. So much so that it is quite uncomfortable to sit on it. Any bright ideas other than total replacement?

My LS400 has only done 40K and is sagging too. I am taking it up with Lexus. Initial answer is well upholstery is not covered by warranty but my view is under sale of goods act it must be fit for the purpose it is intended. A car at this price should have a sagging seat at 100K let alone 40K. If any one else has taken this up keep us posted . I will let you know how I get on.

My dealer now has new foam for the seat and the car is booked in next month when I get back from holiday. I thought it a bit risky having it done before I go as the dealer says they have never done anything like this before and don't quite know how long it will take nor I suspect how to do it. I hold my breath.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

My dealer now has new foam for the seat and the car is booked in next month when I get back from holiday. I thought it a bit risky having it done before I go as the dealer says they have never done anything like this before and don't quite know how long it will take nor I suspect how to do it. I hold my breath.

Repair was done yesterday - just a matter of replacing the foam. On the basis I had a service and this done and the car was finished by mid afternoon it can not have been a big job. Cost I do not know. Only problem is the haeted seat. Mine had the element bonded on to the foam. The replacement foam had no element. Dealer thought maybe it was now separate but no joy so now maybe bonded to the leather. They are now finding out what the answer is. Having said that the seat is now back to normal and comfortable again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

My ls400 has don 70k miles and does not sag but when i recline it, only the right hand side of the back rest moves, and the left looks like its pretty stuck hence inducing a twisting effect of the backrest.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Kumaran

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Repair was done yesterday - just a matter of replacing the foam. On the basis I had a service and this done and the car was finished by mid afternoon it can not have been a big job. Cost I do not know. Only problem is the haeted seat. Mine had the element bonded on to the foam. The replacement foam had no element. Dealer thought maybe it was now separate but no joy so now maybe bonded to the leather. They are now finding out what the answer is. Having said that the seat is now back to normal and comfortable again.

Two months on and still no heated seat. It's starting to get cold now so time it was sorted. Dealer tells me it's with the technical team as they are working on a fix. Same story for my failing memory (for the seats) but apparently the technical team for UK is only 2 people!!!!