Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

20 Mm Drop

lexus boy

I have decided to go for 19's on the IS200, i know i can go up to 19 x 8 with 235/35-19 tyres.

and i can lower by 20mm without the need for arch rolling.

But as i'm stupid i know nothing, so where would you recommend getting my wheels, and what kind of springs should i get to lower it.

Bearing in mind I just bought the car, and i haven't got a lottery ticket in my back pocket i am no rich man. But i wont buy cheap crap either. as long as it does the job i'll be happy.

can someone help me?

as i know nowt about these kind of things :unsure:

hmmm, does anyone know of a decent company down south that can machine my rims from a 35mm offset to a 42 offset? think i am prepared to lose the extra track for a drop of a few more mm

ive got spax ,- 25 mm drop ,demon tweeks,around 155 quid.

ok, so what would you all recommend?

I am putting 19's on, was informed could only go down 20mm without having to roll arches. Am i wrong?

if i was you i would fit the wheels first to see how it rides and looks,i think you`ll find you wont need to lower it after 19`s,well i wouldnt cause the ride will be real hard.

i think prolex sells 20mm drop springs

Yup I've got Eibachs -30mm in stock for £160 all in..........can get em fitted for you as well :whistling:

yeah but your miles away, sure i can get someone to fit them for me up here, how can i order them then?

Can you get to Glossop ? Thats where the Prolex-uk northern fitting shop is located........Top guy done lots of work on members car with no complaints :whistling: Can get you a price on fitting (not until tomorrow)

paypal......... *************

good old chq or...........internet bonking whichever is easiest.

if i was you i would fit the wheels first to see how it rides and looks,i think you`ll find you wont need to lower it after 19`s,well i wouldnt cause the ride will be real hard.

I can't say i agree.

Fit 19s on a IS200 without lowering will make your 4 door luxury saloon in a 4x4. 20mm isn't much, i would take the -30mm springs from ProLex... however without knowing your offset its hard to say how much leeway you have. With right offset you won't rub, even upto 9x19!! its all in the offsets.

So, find out offset for your intended wheels, and fit them see what the arch gap is like.... most likely to be more than a fist full in any case, then choose correct drop springs..

I can't say i agree.

Fit 19s on a IS200 without lowering will make your 4 door luxury saloon in a 4x4. 20mm isn't much, i would take the -30mm springs from ProLex... however without knowing your offset its hard to say how much leeway you have. With right offset you won't rub, even upto 9x19!! its all in the offsets.

So, find out offset for your intended wheels, and fit them see what the arch gap is like.... most likely to be more than a fist full in any case, then choose correct drop springs..

your view,my view, :winky: