Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parking Fine

mudzs

during the course of my work i have to drive down a pedestrian high st in chatham(what a :tsktsk: hole),if you can do this before 10am it is ok. but after 10 am you have to buy a ticket from the town hall and pay £2.50 or you get a fine .i unloaded today and left the shop at 9.55am only to find a ticket on the screen and the :tsktsk: standing by my van .told him it was not time yet but he pointed out that his machine said it was after 10am .with this i opened the ticket to see the time on it was printed as 10.01 am .so he had done me for being 1 minute over :tsktsk: by his time,do i have a leg to stand on to get out of this ticket as £60 is a lot of dough .the bit that realy bugs me is i was unloading into a cancer research charity shop and the warden new that which just gos to prove to be a traffic warden you have to be a heartless :tsktsk: .i also have a couple of people who watched him ticket my van and say it was deffo before 10 am .any help to get out of this fine would be appreciated.

Pay the fine ASAP, then contest it. Get all the back-up you can to say that you were within your rights but beware, somewhere like Chavhaven you are more than likely on CCTV & you can bet your life the clock runs slightly fast.

Just put it down to experience.

Good luck & all the best.

Stuart.

Think its an instant ticket matt just for being there after 10am but not 100% certain so will give that idea some thought .yes pete they work in the shop over the road .my main point is that can he's machine have the wrong time or can he fiddle it ,i.e set the clock himself a couple of mis fast

Pay the fine ASAP, then contest it. Get all the back-up you can to say that you were within your rights but beware, somewhere like Chavhaven you are more than likely on CCTV & you can bet your life the clock runs slightly fast.

Just put it down to experience.

Good luck & all the best.

Stuart.

problem is i have a feeling that once you pay it you admit being at fault.and you aint wrong stuart about it being chavhaven :sick:.

problem is i have a feeling that once you pay it you admit being at fault.and you aint wrong stuart about it being chavhaven :sick:.

Once you pay the ticket, it is then deemed to be admiting liability, then tryng to contest it will go no where.

Traffic wardens, baring in mind no one like em !!! .... can give you a ticket for that one minute if they want to, it's unreal !!

A few years ago ...... I once parked in a bay ... , popped into KFC to get some food ... got back and my car had been clamped ! :angry:

Unfortunatley, there is nothing you can do ......... just pay the fine, and let it be.

However : There is ways ..... on which you can get away with it, (too late in your case now) though I won't dicuss this here, GOLD or PM maybe :P

Don't know if its the same, but I got a ticket for illegaly parking in a town car park. I paid then contested the charge and won, then I got refunded from Chesterfield town council?

Hello mate ........... it's not a "set procedure" in terms of it being deemed as accepting liability ......... it's what the "judge" will "deem" it as ... at the end of the day ... It's just best practise to explain that it "could be deemed" as accepting liability.

Regards,

Mudz - Check out some of the web sites - there are some that exist where you can get help fighting tickets - as always I can't remember the name right now ...

Also worth contacting local paper / Autoexpress etc - esp as you were delivering to a charity shop etc.

Call the council for advice. Mention you were delivering to a charity shop and ask if they think the local papers would condone their traffic wardens approach...!

Top thinking, I like your style. The council would surely not want bad pr for such trivial things like that, especially when you were 60 secdonds late. It's a joke! :crybaby:

The person on the end of the phone will not give a *****, nor will anyone who works there as this is after all the Public Sector and you would have more luck talking to a large chestnut tree....

The person on the end of the phone will not give a *****, nor will anyone who works there as this is after all the Public Sector and you would have more luck talking to a large chestnut tree....

Tend to agree with you there but they have had some realy bad press latley in my local rag ,cheers claire i think i will give the local paper a ring on monday .

Well on this interesting note of parking fines ....... I have got a letter in te post yesterday, from the local council where I live, claiming that on the 3rd DEC 2004, I had parked outside my own house !!!!! (residents parking) - without a permit ........ and now have a ticket for £80.

Well considering, that I have a drive, that's capable of parking 3 cars ... and I have never actually parked on my road before ..... someone won't be paying any tickets.

Loosers !! :angry:

• 4 weeks later...
Nice one Tony  :D ....what did you say in your defence?

Just told them that i thought it was wrong to give someone a ticket for being one minute over time and asked to see proof on the way the ticket machines time is set.and you never know the newspaper article could have helped :P .just got to find the warden in question now and give him his ticket back :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links