Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Car Do I Get Next ?

MrADeveci

What would you recommend / suggest ?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What would you recommend / suggest ?

• Another IS200 SE (goto be auto)
    • An IS300 (with styling kit)
    • GS 300 Sport
    • Another brand (please suggest)

Hello again people ....... as i'm sure most of you are aware of

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...topic=19342&hl=

I'm obviously going to have to see how much money I get back from the insurance company for the car :crybaby: - so in about 6 - 8 weeks hopefully, this should all go through ... and I'll be able to buy another car.

What do you suggest out of those mentioned above ? - I mean I loved my IS ... but I sometimes think, "well I've had an IS200 now, try something else"

But it's just the lexus .... i do really also want to "stay" lexus.

Not just for the car .......... but everything, and beleive it or not - including this site .. and all the people on it - your all great ! :)

So - any suggestions please ? - Thanks ...........

Might be worth trying the GS but it was too big for me, I didn't need a car that big.

Think I'll be moving to the IS300 next, would be happy if I could get it anywhere near like what Fargo has now!

Saying that, I wouldn't say no to the GS430 or LS430, could have some fun there - if a V300 came up I'd take it :)

did you like the sportcross you had ?

fargo's 300 is realy nice and power but ins and petrol might be a little heavy because your still only young

personally some may not like this but an altezza you get the power and the 2.0 litre engine and manuel which is what i like

BUT

fargo's 300 because the power but do prefer manuel

I wouldnt get another IS200, something with more power! Being 'young' I'd make a list of what I like and then get insurance quotes and that would probably steer me!

If only you see the piece of paper on my desk ... that has about 10 different insurance qoutes ...

the IS300 being on top of the list ........ :P

I wouldnt get another IS200, something with more power! Being 'young' I'd make a list of what I like and then get insurance quotes and that would probably steer me!

get a 350z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

they won't insure me for that ..... .... and i wanna stay Lex i think .....

one u go lex ... u can't go back ... n all that :blush:

If your staying with the Lexus brand, the GS300 or GS430 is a fairly big car, if your not too bothered about the size try either one, but because the mk2 has a smaller fuel tank than the mark one and the rate my dads gs430 drinks fuel, you may want to steer clear else you'll be filling it up all the time, i think the best my dad's got on average is 21 mpg, and the worst about 13 mpg, and the latter isn't flying round everywhere. Would definately go for a sport model no matter if its a GS or IS, the uprated suspension makes it feel less wollowy, gives it better handling.

My brothers got an IS300 sport, he loves it to bits, sadly only come as an automatic, but they are quick and fun to drive, but it may remind you of your old car everytime you get in it, might bring back memories, thats the only downside i can really see.

Dunno if anyone else has noticed, but either my brother has a heavy right foot or the traction control doesn't actually help very much as the wheelspin quite freely when you put your foot down whilst turning out of a road.

I suggest you test drive a couple of models the GS sports, and an IS300 sport, and see which you like

If your staying with the Lexus brand, the GS300 or GS430 is a fairly big car, if your not too bothered about the size try either one, but because the mk2 has a smaller fuel tank than the mark one and the rate my dads gs430 drinks fuel, you may want to steer clear else you'll be filling it up all the time, i think the best my dad's got on average is 21 mpg, and the worst about 13 mpg, and the latter isn't flying round everywhere. Would definately go for a sport model no matter if its a GS or IS, the uprated suspension makes it feel less wollowy, gives it better handling.

My brothers got an IS300 sport, he loves it to bits, sadly only come as an automatic, but they are quick and fun to drive, but it may remind you of your old car everytime you get in it, might bring back memories, thats the only downside i can really see.

Dunno if anyone else has noticed, but either my brother has a heavy right foot or the traction control doesn't actually help very much as the wheelspin quite freely when you put your foot down whilst turning out of a road.

I suggest you test drive a couple of models the GS sports, and an IS300 sport, and see which you like

Not sure what you dad is doing but I've done a 450 miles trip to liverpool and back and got 29mpg. Worst I have ever got is 15mpg and that was a complete tank of 3 mile journeys starting from cold each way.

I'd like to see your brothers IS, never knew there was an IS300 sport. :whistling: