Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is My Car Jinxed?

Hello folks

Feeling pretty gutted at the moment. I know that there are far worse things happening in the world, but.........

Some **** at the car park at my workplace slammed their door against my IS300, leaving a substantial dent in the rear driver's side wheel arch, and some of their blue paint gouged into my Plat Ice. It looks like it might need a new wing panel. This is less than a month after a kid in a Corsa hit me from behind when I was stationary at red lights - insurance claim still being sorted. Before that, the throttle jammed (mat problem, I think) and I hit a pot-hole, knocking out the wheel alignment and damaging the tyre.

I'm beginning to feel that this car is jinxed. I can afford to fuel it, tax it, service it etc, but not to shell out on a monthly basis for damage caused mostly by other people, so I'm considering selling it and just buying a cheap run-around instead - I'm really careful where I park, the car gets used twice a week and still it got damaged by another staff member who's probably feeling quite smug that they got away with paying for what will probably be quite an expensive repair.

If this were your car, would you sell it?

Amanda

Hello folks

Feeling pretty gutted at the moment. I know that there are far worse things happening in the world, but.........

Some **** at the car park at my workplace slammed their door against my IS300, leaving a substantial dent in the rear driver's side wheel arch, and some of their blue paint gouged into my Plat Ice. It looks like it might need a new wing panel. This is less than a month after a kid in a Corsa hit me from behind when I was stationary at red lights - insurance claim still being sorted. Before that, the throttle jammed (mat problem, I think) and I hit a pot-hole, knocking out the wheel alignment and damaging the tyre.

I'm beginning to feel that this car is jinxed. I can afford to fuel it, tax it, service it etc, but not to shell out on a monthly basis for damage caused mostly by other people, so I'm considering selling it and just buying a cheap run-around instead - I'm really careful where I park, the car gets used twice a week and still it got damaged by another staff member who's probably feeling quite smug that they got away with paying for what will probably be quite an expensive repair.

If this were your car, would you sell it?

Amanda

Wow, that really is bad luck !

Sorry to hear about all that crap, but NO I wouldn't sell such a mint car for a crappy little run-around. Just remember, if you do that the smug git at work would have won ! Drive your car with pride, it must be tons better than that :tsktsk: !

Edited by Zee007

I remember parking next to a dark, solid blue 4-door saloon that morning, so I've been wandering around the car park looking for a car like that with damage corresponding to mine. No luck so far, I guess they're leaving the car at home / parking elsewhere for the next week or so!!

Problem is, even if I find a car with matching damage, I can't really prove it was that car that damaged mine on that day, so I'm still left with forking out for the repair. Tempting to retaliate though.....................

Amanda

I was thinking along the lines of nails and rubber not mixing.............. :winky: Saying that, I'd feel so guilty afterwards that I'd probably stick a cheque on their windscreen!!!!

We have car park attendants, but it's a big hospital car park with only two attendants, who are there mainly to help patients find gaps. Haven't had a chance to ask them yet - they aren't there all the time - but they seem to know everything about who drives what car, so you never know.

I had problems with my previous lex for the complete year that I had it ........... dents ....... people hitting / scratching it in car parks ... and driving off ...

and now it's been stolen - I personally think I wasn't meant to have the car ............ - just wasn't meant to be.... it's easier said than done, maybe you should sell that particular one .. and buy another ! :blink:

I think its just all part of owning a car now ,people have no respect for others property ,i see it all the time they just pull into the space nearest to were they are going (cause thier to fat to walk any further than 3 foot)then they just swing thier door open into what ever is next to them .dont sell your car as that would be letting them win and you will regret it when you are drinving around in your cheap runabout,i bet if we did a poll on who has had thier car damaged by someone else in a car park etc the i have box will win hands down .Also call in chips away to do the work its a lot cheaper and no panel removal needed ,and try to park in the furthest corner away from everyone else

Guest mark_tsang

Too true! Was a time i had major probs one after another on my mazda 323f of no fault of my own that cost me lot of money at the time one of which involved a stupid idiot driving a company ford transit that hit me(therefore his fault) & to make it worse he wanted to claim through my insurance but didnt get anywhere. i did find out where he lives & car he drives....a crap Renault Clio....revenge.... everytime i see him around the area annoys me knowing what he did & amount of cash i had to spend.

I travel to work by train, wouldnt park the car in a tight car park, in my area i always see cars taking up 2 spaces.

I think its just all part of owning a car now ,people have no respect for others property ,i see it all the time they just pull into the space nearest to were they are going (cause thier to fat to walk any further than 3 foot)then they just swing thier door open into what ever is next to them .dont sell your car as that would be letting them win and you will regret it when you are drinving around in your  cheap runabout,i bet if we did a poll on who has had thier car damaged by someone else in a car park etc the i have box will win hands down .Also call in chips away to do the work its a lot cheaper and no panel removal needed ,and try to park in the furthest corner away from everyone else

There are too many irresponsible little sh!ts around these days...

But, whatever you do, don't 'downsize' to a cr@ppy cheap runabout. You'd never forgive yourself.

I was driving a hire car last week - newish Fiat Punto. It rattled, it creaked, you had to put the key in the lock to open it, heater had a mind of its own, engine screamed like mad and the car went nowhere very slowly. Gawd, I missed my Lexus !!

Stick with your pride and joy.