Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Halfords Medium Duty Cargo Net

mercenary

The choices.

Lexus official Horizontal cargo net. Around £60+

Halfords medium duty cargo net. £7.99

Well, having a girlfriend i didnt have much choice, it was the £7.99 Halfords job.

What you get is a strong elasticated net with about 8 hooks on it. This is quite good as you can have a loose net for the big things or change hooks and have a nice tight net for the tins of beans. I put the spare ones into the other anchors out of the way.

Quality wise its good as any elastic net, takes a nice load and hasnt broken yet. Looks nice, fits perfect. Price is excellent.

So why pay more? I honestly dont know. There is no way the lexus one should be worth what it is. Of course if a dealer wants to send me one to prove otherwise im always available :D If not, I cant see why you would be tempted for the official stuff.

Packaging, well, its a placcy bag with a cardboard tag, no titanium plated box :D

Installation, hook it over, thats it.

Features, lots of hooks :D

Value, 10 outta 10.

Just the net hooked into place

pict09531nu.jpg

And with a small server secured nicely. The other equipment is held in place by the spare hooks :D

pict09541nk.jpg

horizontal. just hooks onto the 4 anchors in the boot, where would you anchor the vertical one?

ill get some piccys up as soon as possible. will be transporting a nice thin server home tonight, normally it would be a back seat job to keep it safe, lets see how it works after riding in the boot :D

ive just got a similar net yesterday off eBay, its only a 13"x13" but it does the job very nicely, i paid £4 off eBay including delivery. :P

I got it to stand at the right side of my boot to hold the milk steady during transit. i have hooked it to the cargo fixings on the floor and then around the back of the liner against the rear driverside wing. looks okay and works a treat

£60 i dont think so Lexus :angry:

horizintal ones are obviously bigger and are around £8-£12