Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Members

Wallace

How can we attract new members to the web-site? I cannot find it on any search engine in the U.K. With less than 50 members, the first get together in the UK will be a little interesting.

[Edited on 13-2-2002 by Wallace]

We may have to tidy the site a bit if you want to attract all Lexus owners.I am trying to design a card to leave on the windscreens of any i see around the town. My wife(who payed for most of the car) dosen't reckon much to some of the graphics used on the forums.And I always agree with my wife!!!!!!!!!:P

I am always open for suggestions... please post what people would like to see in the forums.

if it is the Avatars then i am sure we can alter all of our avatars (the image under our names)

let me know guys!

We may have to tidy the site a bit if you want to attract all Lexus owners.I am trying to design a card to leave on the windscreens of any i see around the town. My wife(who payed for most of the car) dosen't reckon much to some of the graphics used on the forums.And I always agree with my wife!!!!!!!!!

How about the image from the centre of the home page with the url underneath?

Look at it from an outsiders view-point, they may judge the site purely on what they see and not what they read. Do we need pictures of cars and dancing ladies on every entry?The sheer waste of space on every forum should be an incentive to clean the site. The site owner has done a wonderful job to get our site up and running, dont forget it is everyones site.Its no good advertising the site, if people get the idea its full of boy racers, there is a lot of very good imformation to be had, and we seem to have some very knowledgeable people out there.

good point Wallace...

Avatars should be of cars or something a bit more tasteful. That was a good remark and i agree.. i shall change mine later

I dont think we should dissmiss Avatars.. they pointe out the user.. but having something that is tasteful is a good idea, after all it is a motoring forum

Ideas....

1) The forum isn't that user friendly - firstly the message times are wrong (assuming the site is UK based????)

2) There are too many different sections, and you cannot always see where new posts are - the + sign disappears once you have been into a message.

Do you want to see how we have set out the Honda-R forum. You may not like, but we launched the message board in October, and we already have over 300 members and a lot of activity (before you say it - yes I do appreciate there are more Honda owners than Lexus owners......)

www.r-forum.net

Next plan of action - get to some shows. You get a lot of interest shown when you display a few nice cars and have flyers on the window telling people about the group.

What about a few nice cars going to the Bolney meet March 16th? A big Jap Car meet - being covered by Fast Car, local press and perhaps Jap Performance mag.

If possible - do something that will get your club mentioned in one of the mags. At the very least - ring Jap Performance and Banzai, even Redline and some of the 'laddish' mags (early days, once you have numbers, can become more picky).... most of the mags have a Club Contact section - a phone call and this site is in that section!!!

Things like this start slow, but once momentum is up - it will continue and become easier to maintain.

Go to User Control Panel then Edit Profile and change the Time Offset to -5 hours. That seems to make the times appear about right. Perhaps that can be set as the default for new users?

Hi Guys

The Servers are US based.. even though i have set the clock the UK time the forums still make the clock in EST. I will try and have a look at the config files to see if i can set the forum to the correct time. Also The clock is fast on my server... when i get round to it I will set them to the correct time.

For those who have set there clock in their profile to -5 may experience a change once i have set the clock.. please adjust back to Zero.

theres a new change.. no excuses anymore folks :) I have made a link at the top of the page noting todays posts.. so you can pop in and see the latest posts.

Hope this makes things easier for everyone?

BTW.. if the todays post page looks like it has nasty colors pleae bear with me.. i am hacking the colors

Cool - I am very impressed..... an ickle suggestion and all sorted in less than a day!!

Either you have way too much free time :P

Or you are dedicated to give us the level of service the dealers should give us!! ;)

So - rung Jap Performance? Redline ? Banzai ? etc...... ??? :yes:

And are you coming to any of the meets???

Oh - Java dude - I have a IS200 SE in Strathcaron Blue on order........ they say the dealer will have it for the 18th, then I will get delivery about 26th Jan.