Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bazza

marcus

marcus

i have explained as best as i could in the pm`s that have passed between us

not sure why you think by posting it up on here that i would be able to offer much more information

they are adjustable

perhaps you would be better asking mark at tdi or steve audio as they have both 1st hand knowledge on how these work

marcus

i have explained as best as i could in the pm`s that have passed between us

not sure why you think by posting it up on here that i would be able to offer much more information

they are adjustable

perhaps you would be better asking mark at tdi or steve audio as they have both 1st hand knowledge on how these work

I know you have Bazza but im still a bit :duh: over how to lower them, i only posted it in here as i could not get a pic to load up when i PM,ed you and im sorry if i have pissss you of in any way :tomato::whistling:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...&cmd=si&img=515

They are the TEIN super Street ones, but as you can see from the pic how do i ajust them to make them go lower?? all i can see is 1 big nut but it dont look like it can up or down :yawn: , like the ones in 1st pic at the start of this post, if it can how do i move it ;)

in the pic that u posted at the top of this page, on each of the units u can see a large silver nut- this is the adjuster.  also in the pic are 2 C spanners  use these

to adjust the nut up or down.

Hi mate yea i know this.............but if you look in the 2nd pic i posted thats what i have..........and i can not see any way to adjust them, and i all so dont have the C Spanners to do adjust them any way ;) ..................Bazza mate you must of adjusted them in the time you had them ...........come on wheres me C spanner :whistling::tomato:

in the 2nd pic they dont look adjustable for height maybe just adjustable damping??  the super street looks like the ones in the first pic also.

Thats what i think ;)

are they just the damping ones and not height adjustables ;)

they are not adjustable for height, unless there are threads or somthing

Matt why you think they are not adjustable ;) please tell me why you think this, just like to know if we are thinking the same thing :yawn:

Im sorry Bazza im not out to upset you mate :blush: but i need to know if they are adjustable or not and if they are not then they are no good to me, as this was one of the 1st things i asked you, as i said how low can they go and you told me 60mm you think!! but i think you only told me this as this was told to you by some one :winky:

because if the spring seat platforms dont move.........they will only go as low as the spring seat platform will allow.

as the spring seat doesnt move.............you get the drift

gallery_4568_11_38767.jpg

so for us to know if these are height adjustable suspension units, can you tell me if the bottom spring seat platform moves, for it to move there has to be threads, or a means to lock it at an adjusted amount

by the way you dont need C spanners, you dont get them with TTE coilovers

because if the spring seat platforms dont move.........they will only go as low as the spring seat platform will allow.

as the spring seat doesnt move.............you get the drift

gallery_4568_11_38767.jpg

so for us to know if these are height adjustable suspension units, can you tell me if the bottom spring seat platform moves, for it to move there has to be threads, or a means to lock it at an adjusted amount

by the way you dont need C spanners, you dont get them with TTE coilovers

well i have tryed to move them ;) and i can not so me think they are not adjustable.

Thanks matt for your input :whistling:

hmmmm, the bottom seats dont look adjustable, is there a model code/Model name on the shock absorber body

ive searched the Tein website, i cannot see any like these listed, are these a discontinued model?.or a Japan only Model

im off to look at Tein Japan

hmmmm, the bottom seats dont look adjustable, is there a model code/Model name on the shock absorber body

ive searched the Tein website, i cannot see any like these listed, are these a discontinued model?.or a Japan only Model

im off to look at Tein Japan

they are the NA street spec

as advertised on TDI`s website

as advertised as having 4 stage height adjustment

as advertised as having 16 stage damping

as advertised at£750 +vat

yep just got back from finding on Tein Japan that they are Tein NA or NR

they are adjustable, not by the Normal means as in a coulover but by means of some slots on the body.....................?????

i quote

"........The C Ring Type height adjustment mechanism enables a wide range of driving variations depending on the situation, by changing the setting for weight balance, corner weight.

* Base setting is 2nd from top. The position for the 4 steps are defined based on the model data and putting in consideration the lever ratio, is set to change by 10mm. However, if set in a position other than the base position, there is a possibility for spring space to occur or other problems from pre-load overload......."

yep just got back from finding on Tein Japan that they are Tein NA or NR

they are adjustable, not by the Normal means as in a coulover but by means of some slots on the body.....................?????

i quote

"........The C Ring Type height adjustment mechanism enables a wide range of driving variations depending on the situation, by changing the setting for weight balance, corner weight.

* Base setting is 2nd from top. The position for the 4 steps are defined based on the model data and putting in consideration the lever ratio, is set to change by 10mm. However, if set in a position other than the base position, there is a possibility for spring space to occur or other problems from pre-load overload......."

Barrie will be happy. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links