Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is

Just another thought....

The new IS is reported to be available in 4 door and coupe/roadster styles. The difficulty with this comes with cars that have a high waistline - it is difficult to make them look that good as coupes/roadsters.

So, with this in mind some of the Photoshops can be be dismissed.

I know that we all pan designs if they miss the mark, but it must be difficult as a designer to be able to build in all of the requirements (4 doors, 2 doors, roadster, sporty, family, luggage space, etc..) in to a design.

For example, a designer can't take the kink in the tail of the current IS too high or the design would not work well as a 2 door. If you look at the LF-S the kink has gone...

I do hope that they give us a 'Stunna'

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like an astra, glad i didnt wait for the new one to come out before buying mine

well it doesnt look like any astra ive ever seen, and i was in a brand new one 2 hours ago :blink:

i like it personally, a few people have mentioned the mazda 6 looks, but surely mazda copied the lexus is in the first place so what are lexus suposed to do. its like saying the is200 rear lights look like a modified saxos ! :P

They aren't even the same car - look at the thickness of the 'C' pillar of the grey car and then look at the blue car....

Also on the blue car look closely thru' the front windscreen just to the right of the fold in the magazine and whatever is going on there with the 'C' pillar is all wrong.

yes very much, the lights could be interpreted as being like the mazda,but everyone will be impressed y the rest of the car.....for sure.

and if the GT is given the green light, that will be a serious machine.

there are aspects of these pics which are spot on.......but overall its a washy interpretation

as for First drive imprssions.........wait till august :ph34r:

As i have total respect for the reasons of keeping new information under wraps i wont carry on about the images. :shutit:

but does antbody have any fact based info on prices or model ranges like the se or sport? i ask because i really want the is200 sport and if the new model is good looking then its worth waiting. will the current one be sold off cheap to clear the forecourts? :whistling:

i'm not really bothered what the new one looks like! im keeping mine and staying old school!!!!!

although i am looking forward to the new ones being released cause then lots of people will get the new one and there will be lots of goodies for sell, better start saving now i guess!!!!!! :lol::lol:

News from Lexus GB

The Lexus stand at the Geneva Motor Show in March will be packed with exciting new cars and engines signalling the beginning of a new era in Lexus history. On display will be:

World debut of the all new Lexus IS

Introduction of the first ever Lexus diesel engine

First European presentation of the LF-A concept 200mph sports car

The new GS executive sports saloon - on sale in April

The RX400h - the world's first performance hybrid SUV - on sale in May.

The New Lexus IS - World First

The new Lexus IS has its world premiere at the Lexus press conference on 1 March at 12:15pm. The car will feature the first ever Lexus diesel engine. Pictures and information about the new car will be revealed at the time

Wouldnt mind having this though

strikes.jpg

geneva.jpg

Lexus has unveiled the 500-plus horsepower, 200 mph LF-A sports car concept at the 2005 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

The two-seat concept blends the performance of an exotic sports car with the luxury refinements of a Lexus. Designed to express a bold new direction in styling for the Lexus brand, the LF-A concept is committed to achieving superiority in speed, quickness, agility and reliability.

The Lexus LF-A concept features an engine capable of developing more than 500 horsepower from a displacement of less than five litres. With a combination of optimum gearing, weight and aerodynamics, the LF-A concept would produce a top speed in the region of 200 miles per hour.

Inside, the LF-A is designed as a luxury high-speed capsule that blends extravagant comfort with precision operation. Although it is about five inches shorter in length than the Porsche 911 Turbo, its wheelbase is nine inches longer. At 48 inches, it is nearly identical in height to the Ferrari F430. And with a width of 73.2 inches, it splits the difference between the Mercedes-Benz SL55 and the Aston Martin DB9.

The New Lexus IS - World First

The new Lexus IS has its world premiere at the Lexus press conference on 1 March at 12:15pm. The car will feature the first ever Lexus diesel engine. Pictures and information about the new car will be revealed at the time

OK, pictures and brochures will be there,but what about the car? Maybe I´m just stupid,but nothing in the sentence above says that the car itself will be there.

They are rear viewing cameras

That makes more sense, presumably you'll have the output on a screen in the dash? It would take a while to learn not to look where the mirrors are though, mind you if any volvo drivers buy one they won't have that problem. :winky: