Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rac Trackstar +plus

MrADeveci

i think the issue here is not the cost overall, but the commitment to a time frame.......

maybe the intrested parties could commit via a deposit of some fee.....say 50quid

Ok .... is this the issue here people ? Time Frame ........ if this is the case, can we have some suggestions, and I will talk to the fitter about a little longer in time ..........

I'm sure he will understand ........

Cheers.

For me it's about the time frame, I need the time to be able to save up for this, will take longer than a month afraid

So, If I register your name down as an interest ....... you would be interested, is this right ? :)

I had the tracker installed into my car the day I bought it from these guys .................... excellent job, took about 2 -3 hours.

anyone else ?

Interestingly enough, I spoke to Adrian Flux today about my Tezza insurance. Get this. Standard is a CAT 2 imobiliser. Should I have a CAT 1 alarm and/or Tracker fitted - guess how much my premium is reduced by.....?

Wait for it.......

NOWT. Diddly squat. Peanuts. Zip. F' all.

Go figure........ <_<

Elephant.co.uk have not offered me any discount on my premium either ..... now that I have it installed !

However, getting the car back / and or catching the people who ever steal your car is great, even if some companies are not offering a discount on trackers !

those scooby threads were intresting....

scarface, have you rung up to see if they can trace your car?

I find the fact that they dont check if it's working or not quite worrying.

They goto check if it's working Nick, as the "unit" is decommisioned before I drove away in the vehicle .........

but they dont do an active monitoring if the car is working though no?

thats the thing that puts me off.

The way the tracker works, is that when the car is working, the unit sends a pulse say every 20 seconds. So the car is still being monitored even on normal daily use, if and when the tracker get's 'activate' tracker make the unit send a pulse out every 2 - 3 seconds, so they are able to locate exactly where the car is .

That's how it works ......... :geek:

• 4 weeks later...

is anyone actually going to get a tracker fitted then ? - or is this another thread that has had work put into .... and gone for waste.

I'm getting used to it now I guess ............... :blink:

• 4 months later...

The Lexus brand is still being stolen ................. so this group buy would have been good ........ if people actually went out and benefitted from it ........ :huh:

is anyone actually going to get a tracker fitted then ? - or is this another thread that has had work put into .... and gone for waste.

I'm getting used to it now I guess ...............  :blink:

Ive had mine done mate :D when i 1st got the car :D had one in the last car toooo :P

Well, to be honest mate ......... I'm to embarrased to even go into the shop and ask.

Before I got this deal ............ there was loads of members who were like "yeah, I'll get it defo ..."

So I went into the shop ... and said look, 10 cars ............. how much, there is people interested etc ...........

When I got the deal ........... not one single person but me got it ............

So, it "may" still be on .......... but like I say ... I'm not going to be the one who goes back in and asks .... feel free to contact them, and mention me though .... he may still do a good price :crybaby: