Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You've probably read my previous post on my GS300 whereby I thought there was slippage on the gear box ie engine revving highly but car pickiing up very fast.

The favour I ask is this.....is there anyone in the Nottingham area who has a GS300 who I could compare notes with?

I had the car serviced a few days ago including transmission oil as somebody said that the oil could be knackered but it hasn't made any difference. I need to drive another one to convince me that this is just the way they drive. I'm not cheeky enough to find one for sale and go test drive it !

Here's some pictures I took today after its sunday bath!

You've probably read my previous post on my GS300 whereby I thought there was slippage on the gear box ie engine revving highly but car pickiing up very fast.

The favour I ask is this.....is there anyone in the Nottingham area who has a GS300 who  I could compare notes with?

I had the car serviced a few days ago including transmission oil as somebody said that the oil could be knackered but it hasn't made any difference. I need to drive another one to convince me that this is just the way they drive. I'm not cheeky enough to find one for sale and go test drive it  !

Here's some pictures I took today after its sunday bath!

sorry , that should ahve read "...car NOT picking up very fast......"

and the photo's didn't attach , DOH!

so let me get this straight

When you pull away and floor the acceleerator the car takes a while to change gear... screams first gear??

Not flooring no, when I pull away 'normally' as it were. It moves when I floor it but that aint really my driving style. Took it Lexus Nottingham and one of their technicians took it out to test it and he just floored it too. Maybe its me? I'm just not used to flooring cars. I thought even with lightish acceleration the car would surge away nicely but, to repeat myself it seems rev unusually high with a corresponding feeling of torque.? I'll really do beed to drive another to 'lay the ghost'

when you pull away slowly what rpm does the engine sit at?

Also when stopped hold the brake pedal down hard and try to accelerate, at what rpm does the car pull away? (Don't do this for more that 5 seconds as it will overheat the transmission)

Stall speed on the GS300 is around 2700 rpm.

when you pull away slowly what rpm does the engine sit at?

Also when stopped hold the brake pedal down hard and try to accelerate, at what rpm does the car pull away? (Don't do this for more that 5 seconds as it will overheat the transmission)

Stall speed on the GS300 is around 2700 rpm.

sorry, bit confused with that one? are you saying with the break pedal down hard the car should pull away or stall?

My Honda Prelude VTEC is also an automatic. Despite not being the most torquey motor, it gives neck snapping take offs very easily. When I get into the GS, it feels like I'm crawling away from junctions. I think you just need to use more throttle if you want a fast start. Also check you don't have a stuck calliper - I did!

AFAIK stall speed is the amount of intentional 'slip' built into a torque converter so that an automatic does not stall when you come to a complete stop. If you were to press hard on the brakes and rev the car whilst in D the revs would not go past the stall speed of 2700.