Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official New 2006 Is Topic

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will have to see it in the flesh i think, have to say im not overly impressed with what i've seen. inside looks very 3 series to me and those wing mirrors look like theyve come straight off a hyundai coupe!

personally, i like it :D

looks like it has evolved from the original IS.

even though i like the new design, i ain't buying one, going to keep it old school..........but when the rest of you upgrade, remember me when you wan't to sell off your goodies :D

i like it...in the metal it's gonna look very sharp... the rear is definite improvement on the current car imho :)

i like the nod to the current car's speedo with the numbers 'round the outside :D

edit.. and the front bumper looks much better in '3d' on the video than it does in the photos :hehe:

Err......not sure :huh::blink:

Just feels like its missing something exterior wise.

Needs "Lexus Lights" :whistling:

Interor is quite nice - but get rid of the wood - its an IS not an LS!

Looks abit too BMW for my liking.

I'm sure with a few little tweaks it will be quite nice.

what is it with designers these days? Do they just assume that no one opens car doors into other cars now? One week in a car park and the side of this car is going to seriously suffer. I'm not all negative - it looks very grown up but I don't want to yet - shame

so what model are the pics of then? will there still be the equivalent of an s, se and sport? the wing mirrors look even bigger each time i look at the car, theyre huge! or is that just me?

They got rid of the classic look speedo! nooooooooo! that was so unique to the IS and now its been replaced by a bog standard instrument layout.

Also, the centre console looks just like the one for the new honda accords that are around.

The front looks nice and mean though, I like that bit, but the rest of it is pretty unremarkable, just like every other car out there.

As I stated earlier, Im not overly impressed. Its grown on me but there is just something that looks missing, the grill just looks to small and the front bumper looks to bubbly. Side looks nice and the rear has also grown on me but I still prefer the mark I IS.

All in all, mixed opinion but think my next purchase will be in a year or two will the the next GS.

Not won over by the interior either, a little bland. Well thats my first "official opinion" hope others will not feel the same. Would be awful if it flopped!! :crybaby:

Although the diesal will prevent that.

got this off my.IS

MODELS

IS350 RWD

IS250 RWD

IS250 RWD, 6 speed Manual

IS250 AWD, 6 Speed sequential shift Auto.

Std features

Smart Access

Optitron Instrument Cluster

Power Tilt/Telescopic Wheel

Audio, Bluetooth, Voice Activation and Display Controls on Steering Wheel

10-Way power seats with memory for driver and passenger

Wood and Metal trim interior

Dual Zone Auto Climate Control

Mini Plug accessory Connector

Illuminated Scuff Plates on door sills

AM/FM/CD, 13-speaker audio system

Options

Ventilated Seats

Touch Screen-Voice Activated Nav

Mark Levinson

Adaptive Cruise Control

Park Assist

Rain sensing Wipers with Headlamp washers

Power rear sunshade

they reckon the IS350 will be announced later in the year. so will we get the manual here or what?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links