Official New 2006 Is Topic

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Undecided.

Not sure about the rear wheel arches, they appear to be not big enough to accomodate the wheel. Maybe an optical illusion.

Do I now take it that the VW & Corsa crew will be abandoning their pseudo chrome replacement rear light clusters in favour of the new style ? :lol:

Those door mirrors do look a bit elephant earish.

One other point, I can see that door panel getting some noticeable knocks with the absence of the current plastic exterior door protector trim.

Interor is quite nice - but get rid of the wood - its an IS not an LS!

you DISLIKE the wood?

what would you rather see?

i dont like the wood either, i dont like wood in cars full stop, doesnt make it feel luxury to me, just makes me feel like im in an old mans car.

Interor is quite nice - but get rid of the wood - its an IS not an LS!

you DISLIKE the wood?

what would you rather see?

No No! :tomato: Wood is great in a luxary cruiser such as the LS/GS.

The IS I think is supposed to be more "sporty" hence I'd replace the wood with something like Carbon Fibre or maybe even poilshed metal like the ferraris! :D

Just about the image the car is meant to portray I'd say.

I like it, not that i can afford 1, now what will it like in Rage Extreme Red to Gold?...... :D :D :D :D :D

but it should been much more sporty than this....they must be hoping to sell more styling kits then...... :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Only bit I'm unsure on is the rear lights.. :huh: the rest of the car looks pretty nice. Shouldn't be too harsh on it...think everyones expectations were way too high and expected it to be some type "super" car that flies :lol: It's pretty hard to improve on perfection!!!

Those door mirrors do look a bit elephant earish.

They do a bit, Also the front wings could have looked cleaner if they had put the indicators in the mirrors. No doubt the Lexus in Japan will offer this as an accessory.

what is it with designers these days? Do they just assume that no one opens car doors into other cars now? One week in a car park and the side of this car is going to seriously suffer. I'm not all negative - it looks very grown up but I don't want to yet - shame

I agree with you, dents are going to be easily spotted The doors need some shape to disguise it.

Looks like we gonna need large door protectors.

But I still like the car, probably it will look best in black

wel in my opinion i like it a lot, the interior is fantastic and i really hope they put the awd into production.

the only thing for me and its probably my eyesight but the badge on the rear looks like it says is230 and not 250

also the drivers footwell looks really narrow in the pics, hopefully its just the photo that makes it appear that way.

i love autos so im well happy, it was probably the fact that lexus couldnt figure out why the gearbox kept clonking between 1st and 2nd that LED to scrap the whole manual idea.

Looks OK - have to see it for real.

I like the gear paddles and general look of the interior.

This is probably just me but ....

Does the icon on the lower right button of the steering wheel look like someone taking a dump? Is this the end of Motorway services? What does this button do?

Sorry, bit disappointed

The whole point of the current IS is that it had distinct features from every other car

The individual chronograph speedo, the bonnet bulge, the unique rear lights, those flared front arches with the distinct lines which LED your eyes to the rear of the car...

This, so far, has nothing....

If I wanted a Mazda 6/Hyundai Coupe/BMW 3 series, thats what I would buy.

I use to have a VW bora before i got my is and that had folding seats, was such a handy feature. I hope the new Is has this!

I really like it, yea looks bit GS and like its aimed more at luxury then the last one was (not that i dont love the current one)

it looks GOOD.. i want one.. lol love the back.

NEed more pics in diffrent colours lol :D

I love the way the mirors are attached, and the Lexus lights have become all too common on downmarket cars.

This thread forgets to mention the IS220d, manual and auto available, and this is the one on the rotating display. It has a bent tailpipe, common for a diesel. This model is Lexus hope of gaining a larger market share.

RX-Men-8

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links