Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just read the Geometry topic in the IS200 forum.

My GS is running in the same manner as described post geometry calibration.

Rough drive when going over bumps, pulling to one side etc.

My tyres are in good condition, balancing & tracking are correct.

Do the GS300's require the same adjustment, I have spoke to Lee at Lexus Stockport and have been informed full price is £120+vat, £80 all in for me as I am a regular at Stockport, plus have responsiblity for all servicing and repair for three GS's and one IS, so Lee really looks after me.

I think it is worth getting the full alignment done on the GS like the IS

defintely Col - and I am in email contact with Tony Bones about a full geometery check.

However Lexus (at least lexus chester and liverpool) do not do full geometery checks - ony relatively simple 4 wheel alignments.

Awais - find out from Stockport what it is they are doing for that money mate.

if its just a four wheel alignment, you can get it done significantly cheaper than that

Just read the Geometry topic in the IS200 forum.

My GS is running in the same manner as described post geometry calibration.

Rough drive when going over bumps, pulling to one side etc.

My tyres are in good condition, balancing & tracking are correct.

Do the GS300's require the same adjustment, I have spoke to Lee at Lexus Stockport and have been informed full price is £120+vat, £80 all in for me as I am a regular at Stockport, plus have responsiblity for all servicing and repair for three GS's and one IS, so Lee really looks after me.

all cars require the same respect with geometry, some like the IS more than others like the GS, i dont understand how " Rough drive/ pulling to one side/ and good tyre condition" sum up! somthing must be wrong... do you have a geometry report if only to remove geometry from the equation?

outer wear on front drivers and passenger sides (pzero) car seems a tad skittish.

no pulling to either side

car just passed MOT so shouldnt be bottom ball joints.

would a full alignment check rectify this?

Steve

1996 gs300 sport

outer wear on front drivers and passenger sides (pzero) car seems a tad skittish.

no pulling to either side

car just passed MOT so shouldnt be bottom ball joints.

would a full  alignment check rectify this?

Steve

1996 gs300 sport

Hand on heart it's hard to say? MOT in the UK is "pants" 99% opinionated. "worn to excess" "play to excess" and so on.. if i were a tester my oppionion may pass a car but your oppinion may fail it! the only real value of an MOT is the re-sale of the ink from the pen...or maybe a paper hat, one example i had some time ago from the ministry of transport was " if in doubt" let it pass! well i think if in doubt let it fail.. that's the UK for you, anyhoo geometry in the UK is not part of a MOT ( unlike Europe ) so if you feel the tyre wear/ handling is wrong then it's geometry time, thats my oppinion.

defintely Col - and I am in email contact with Tony Bones about a full geometery check.

However Lexus (at least lexus chester and liverpool) do not do full geometery checks - ony relatively simple 4 wheel alignments.

if its just a four wheel alignment, you can get it done significantly cheaper than that

Spoke to Lee @ Stockport, he comfirmed that it is the full geomerty.

He mentioned, camber, castor & king pin settings etc are part of the work.

Also advised him he might be getting some more inquries on this item.

If anyone is thinking of going for a geomerty calibration then mention the forum and he will look after you.

Spoke to Lee @ Stockport, he comfirmed that it is the full geomerty.

He mentioned, camber, castor & king pin settings etc are part of the work.

Also advised him he might be getting some more inquries on this item.

If anyone is thinking of going for a geomerty calibration then mention the forum and he will look after you.

The more people like Lee the better....

ok, thanks for reply,

its in for a full geometry check on saturday morning will see what it does , £40 so ill let u know what goes where :)

definatly full geomitry and been there for past 6 years,

looking at the wheels thee is a fair bit of kerbing so it could be out of alignment,

Steve

just had checks done was miles out , got a report but no scanner here , might do it later,

ubi asked if it drives itself round rorners :) when he hooked it to machine

any whoo, full geomitry alignment all done, total price 40£

if any one want one place is called

A&A Autos in Dewsbury

01924 466664

ask for Ubi , tell him Steve , with the lexus sent ye

he owns a old soarer 4l v8 i think plus hes got a nack of sourcing parts for lexus cars.

oh and ive got a number for alloy wheels remachining , and refurbin, 40 to 50 a wheel, going to give em a right when ive saved some brass up, will let ye know on that one

Steve