Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speeding Codes

BigK

Got flashed on a dual carriageway recently and have now received my licence back with an SP60 endorsement on.

Not sure why its SP60 and not SP30.

It was a public road - legal limit 70 actual speed around 82.

Insurers seem to be treating SP60 very differently from SP30 - some won't quote with an SP60!!

From memory, i think SP60 is speeding in an undefined speed limit (usually through roadworks with temporary speed limits etc). This is what i have from when i got done on dual carriageway outside YOrk

SP30 is speeding in a built up area - i.e. 30mph usually. I think motorway speeding gets you an SP70

Quite why insurance companies are not touching you is baffling. I had no problems with my current insurers when i put mine on. In fact, after speaking to a friend who works in insurance, i was told they frown more upon an SP30 penalty because of the obvious risks related to hitting children etc. Whether this is true or not, i dont know.

I've done most of this from memory, so i stand to be corrected by some of our actual police office members :unsure:

Got flashed on a dual carriageway recently and have now received my licence back with an SP60 endorsement on.

Not sure why its SP60 and not SP30.

It was a public road - legal limit 70 actual speed around 82.

Insurers seem to be treating SP60 very differently from SP30 - some won't quote with an SP60!!

Hello mate i work in the car insurance business:

SP60 - Undefined speed limit offence :angry:

SP30 - Exceeding speed limit on a public road :angry:

hope this is some help

Stu :)

Hello mate i work in the car insurance business:

SP60 - Undefined speed limit offence  :angry:

SP30 - Exceeding speed limit on a public road  :angry:

hope this is some help

Stu :)

Yes, this is correct.

An SP60 will result in a £60 fine, and 3 points on your drivers licence ! :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links