Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Average Age In the Club

Steve

• 7 months later...

• 1 month later...

INTRESTING POLL,WHO'S OWNING UP TO THE 4.3% AGED :whistling:

BETWEEN 50-69 FANTASTIC!! CANT REMEMBER MY 'OLD FELLA'

HAVING CARS LIKE IS'S. :angry:

AND NEARLY 40% AGED 22-29.(INSURANCE COSTS)

I WONDER WHAT THE HIGHEST PREMIUM IS :question::question:

ME, WELL I'M SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE :D

PETE

INTRESTING POLL,WHO'S OWNING UP TO THE 4.3% AGED :whistling:

BETWEEN 50-69 FANTASTIC!! CANT REMEMBER MY 'OLD FELLA'

HAVING CARS LIKE IS'S. :angry:

AND NEARLY 40% AGED 22-29.(INSURANCE COSTS)

I WONDER WHAT THE HIGHEST PREMIUM IS :question::question:

ME, WELL I'M SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE :D

PETE

well i was 19 when i took delivery of the car in september 2002 and paid £2300 insurance, up for renewal in may not holding my breath for n e good quotes

Playa your19 and driving an is,not that there is anything wrong

with that,you pays your money you takes your choice,but £2300

for insurance,in two years you've paid almost 25% of the cost

of the car in insurance,not me i set a limit, theres enough co's

out there wanting our business and a lot of time on the blower

can pay off :)

pete

I have spoken to many older Lexus owners who,because their age, are not computer literate and shy away from them. Perhaps if a magazine came out even quarterly the Lexus club would have even wider appeal.

What I find interesting having been two a couple of meets is that the majority of the the younger owners in their 20's are employed in the world of IT .

Playa your19 and driving an is,not that there is anything wrong

with that,you pays your money you takes your choice,but £2300

for insurance,in two years you've paid almost 25% of the cost

of the car in insurance,not me i set a limit, theres enough co's

out there wanting our business and a lot of time on the blower

can pay off :)

pete

yeah but put it this way, i rang up about 8 insurance companies i either got laughed at, asked twenty questions why i havent got n e no claims bonuses and the worst one why and how i can drive a new IS at 19.

Lloyds quoted me £11700 :blink:

Adrian Flux told me no due to lack of no claims

norwich union told me over £7000

etc

so you can see that direct line were very cheap considering the other quotes.

i'll shop around again this time though see what i can get

Playa, I know where your'e coming from

i was 19 once.

Just seems younger peeps have more disposable

income these days,which is a good thing coz you

really do have a choice.So are you saying you took

the ninth quote :question: seems you've not done

enough phoning.be interesting to see how low you

can get it,MAYBE DO A POLL ON WHO SAVES THE MOST :o

no direct line was first company i rang coz i had my mitsubishi colt (first car) insured with them. S reg 1300cc had it from brand new as parents imported it from cyprus as a run around over here and they charged £1700. so lexus was jus over £500 more.

thought i'd ring around the others to see a difference but no luck

dnt matter least i can pay it

One of our Club members ..... lives in a nice area, low risk post code, but he is 19 and drives a JDM Integra Type R (group 18 and then loaded for being an import!!!)

His worst quote was £20,000 ..... but after spending two full saturday mornings, he got it down to less than £2k (about £1,600 I think from memory)

Personally - I would never pay over a grand for insurance, so I simply drove cheap, low insurance group cars until I'd got NCD and some experience.

thats ace ultraviolet.

hes lucky to have got it that cheap. and nice car aswell!!

do you know who he got that quote off???? very interesting to see if they could help me.??

i'd love to pay less than a grand but with i love nice cars so guess til im bout 25 (another 5 years) im gonna have to pay it :crybaby::crybaby:

• 1 month later...

Yeh im 19 as well and im lookin to purchase an ITR or a Altezza but I would sure like to know who offered him £1600 for insurance? Thanx i would really appreciate it if you told me or if that person himself told me. Thanx.

PS : Im sorry for changing the subject on this port but im a Newbie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got my insurance through the C.I.S. as i used the car for work and have to do 1000 miles a month to see my bambino my cover is now for 40,000 miles and as a 25 year old some of my quotes were out of this world, the lexus club insurance qouted me £1300 at c.i.s. it is £700. worth a call.

off the top of my head the number is 08457 464646 i think thats right. I told them i was changing to a set of 18" alloys which would add value to the car and all they said was send us a photo so we can update our records. no extra on the premium.(not getting the wheels now though :crybaby: , dodgy boiler, long story). The only problem with c.i.s is you might have to sit down with a financial adviser but i just refused to talk about anything else to him.

cheers

neil.

We would like to find out what the average age groups are on the club.

Please do not post here.. This poll is for surveys and voting only.

this thread makes me laugh.. note my quote when i started this thread

:lookaround:

:mat:

:winky:

When you young chaps talk about the older element driving Lexus models do not forget that we remember when cars were far less technical and we had a mechanic round on a Sat afternoon to tune our twin carbs. I am thinking of my 1959 Riley 1.5.

The fact is we greatly appreciate all the advances in car production which result in us driving great cars like Lexus have!

( speaking as 1.50 % of membership)

In answer to Doodlebug, a few days ago I went to the Rose Bowl Cricket Ground, Southampton for the unveiling of the new RX300 4 wheel drive. Quite a professional presentation if you are into 4 wheel drives.

There were none of the usual Lexus Owners Club members present ( sad to say) but a large number of very elderly retired business types and a couple of builders. I asked around and all the over 50's did not use computers and had never heard of the owners' club.

It is apparent that my age group, not having grown in a computer era, develop a certain antipathy towards computers through lack of confidence.

This can be quickly dispelled when properly introduced to them. ( learning through insight and understanding) But trying to tell them that is a major task!