Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone want to share info/deals done regarding the new GS300?

I have my order in for the GS300 SE-L model.

As far as I was informed pricing/models along these lines-

GS300 £30,333 Base model fabric trim

GS300 SE Sat Nav, leather £35,745

GS300 SE sat Nav leather + "moon" roof £36,750

GS300 SE-L Sat Nav, leather, moon-roof, 18" alloys, boot lip spoiler & Mark Levinson £37,995

GS430 full loaded £46,750

These are the models prices as offered, anyone have different experience to this?

Cheers :-)

ALH.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone want to share info/deals done regarding the new GS300?

I was told official pricing will be available 'end of March' but a guide of £35k for the SE without roof was offered, so I guess that fits in with what you've got here.

My post of last month about the confirmed specs can be found here:-

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...ST&f=51&t=20255

I can confirm these prices - they were quoted to me by dealership in Manchester.

With it being a brand new model, with a big advertising budget, they were not offering any discount.

I presume they feel they can sell them all at the moment.

Tony

Manchester

Hi,

Yes the situation when I ordered was pretty firm on the prices, no discounting on the models offered, we struck a fair deal I think as I am trading a Mark II GS300SE with Sat nav, July 99 model in silver 42,450 on the clock and only minor blemishes with full history/service records.

I was happy with the trade-in offered and am awaiting April 15th! Dealers have 3 demo models on order due before launch so we should get to view it as soon as they have them.

Anyone else taken the plunge yet? Any colour prferences..... ?

Regards

ALH

I'm waiting to see one in the flesh, first. Desperately trying to avoid going for silver, despite it probably being the best colour in the chart. My choice would have been for Flint Mica (aka Anthracite Grey in Europe) but it seems that's the only colour we *won't* be getting in the UK.

What did you go for in the end?

I'm waiting to see one in the flesh, first. Desperately trying to avoid going for silver, despite it probably being the best colour in the chart. My choice would have been for Flint Mica (aka Anthracite Grey in Europe) but it seems that's the only colour we *won't* be getting in the UK.

What did you go for in the end?

I agonised over colour - the dealer sample was not much use as they don't yet have actual colour samples. In the end I trawled all the web and gleaned information mainly from the US clublexus web site before stumbling on the best (most obvious!) resource at www.lexus-europe.com which has the best "colour chooser" presently.

I am trading the GS300 which is silver and after 6 years of silver I could not have it agin, black looks great but I ain't got all that polishing time! The Cypress green looked strangely attractive but I would have to have seen it! Red looked a bit too "burgundy" from the shots I've seen, The Flint mica which you are correct I believe is not coming here would have been an option!

In the end I ignored the look of "Kalahari Sand" as being a little "old" for the car and have ordered the "Caspian Sky" (US: Glacier Frost Mica) with ivory interior!

I hope to *** it looks ok! :tomato:

Cheers. Andy.

In the end I ignored the look of "Kalahari Sand" as being a little "old" for the car and have ordered the "Caspian Sky" (US: Glacier Frost Mica) with ivory interior!

I agree about Kalahari Sand (aka Chardonnay Pearl). The press shots I've seen make it look like an updated version of Gold - a fine choice for some people, I'm sure, just not me. The red, I think, looks great in bright Californian sunshine, but here in damp old blighty I suspect it's not so hot.

My dealer winced when talking about Caspian Sky. It's a colour he's not seen before, and he couldn't get the past the idea of it being "...a bizarre kind of white" (his words). Which I don't think it is - the shots I've seen on the web make it look very similar to a great colour I had on a Peugeot once called Moonstone, but with an incredible metal-flake depth to it. I'd love to see it in the flesh.

The best anti-silver I could come up with, in the absence of Flint Mica, was Athabasca Shale (aka Quartz Shadow Metallic), although I'd still need to see it.

When does the car arrive? I'm excited enough as it is, and I haven't even ordered yet.

ALH wrote

Hi all,

Great to join what is so clearly a group of real enthusiasts.

I have taken the plunge, and am expecting the first new GS300 in Manchester, which could be as soon as April 7th. I will selling my X reg Nov 2001 silver GS430SE with sat nav [63,000 miles], full Lexus service history privately in autotrader in the next week or so, and had a blue GS300.

Even though I think there is something German luxury car owners sneer about, when I test drive those cars I cannot find anything to redeem them, and have been waiting for this new model.

So, after four years of silver, I have chosen silver again, with ivory interior again :D

Caspian Sky is a pearlised white - Audi had a similar colour a few years ago.

Regards,

Tony

This is Caspian Sky (aka Glacier Frost, Glacial Blue)...

605DSC07474.JPG

14704DSC00934-med.JPG

I see the prices are up on the Lexus.co.uk website, too:-

GS300 - £30,395.00

GS300 SE - £35,895.00

GS300 SE and Sunroof - £36,745.00

GS300 SE-L - £37,995.00

GS300 SE-L and ACC / PCS - £40,095.00

GS430 - £46,750.00

This is Caspian Sky (aka Glacier Frost, Glacial Blue)...

605DSC07474.JPG

Oh man! the pictures I got so far showed it as having a dash more blue to it! I couldn't bring myself to do the silver again so it was my next choice having checked out the other colours.

Thanks for the images .......... I think ...... ?!

According to the dealer demo models are due end of this month then we should be getting our's right about launch date 15/04, course if I can get it any sooner I'm not going to refuse but they were a bit stuffy about delivering pre 15th at all.

Clock's ticking!

Nice one from Tony keeping the silver sales up! if you get it on the 7th I'm gonna be green with envy! Post a review as soon as you get the keys - erm... smart fob type thingy......?

Andy

Oh man! the pictures I got so far showed it as having a dash more blue to it! I couldn't bring myself to do the silver again so it was my next choice having checked out the other colours.

Thanks for the images .......... I think ...... ?!

More pictures here: http://www.clublexus.com/index.php/article...eview/2474/1/10

These shots show off the pearl finish (warning: they're hyooge)...

http://www.yaro1.com/sitebuildercontent/si...ictures/gs1.jpg

http://www.yaro1.com/sitebuildercontent/si...ctures/gs15.jpg

http://www.yaro1.com/sitebuildercontent/si...ctures/gs20.jpg

I was settled on the SE, but I really want those 18" alloys from the '430. They're probably £500 a pop from a dealer, so £2,100 more for the SE-L over the SE with the Mark Levinson system and rear lip spoiler thrown in almost seems like a good deal. It's just the SE-L's sunroof that's my concern - robs headroom.

Now all I've gotta do is convince Lexus GB that they've left Flint Mica/Anthracite off their shade chart by mistake (after all, the PR stuff I have here says "...available in 10 colours..." but they list only nine)...

I was settled on the SE, but I really want those 18" alloys from the '430.  They're probably £500 a pop from a dealer, so £2,100 more for the SE-L over the SE with the Mark Levinson system and rear lip spoiler thrown in almost seems like a good deal.

Well the wheels won't cost Toyota £500 each and even if they did it would mean the 17" would cost £400 each so there is only £500 difference between all 5 wheels.

Well the wheels won't cost Toyota £500 each and even if they did it would mean the 17" would cost £400 each so there is only £500 difference between all 5 wheels.

There's no factory wheel option so there's no upgrade path.

There's no factory wheel option so there's no upgrade path.

I did the sums the other way as although we don't open the one we got now the "sun/moon-roof" is handy for a little extra light inside the car on occasions and height/headroom is not such an issue, so I based the price on the £1250 difference from the "roof" version to get me the 18" rims & M/L sound as a relative bargain(!)

You got me so wound up now though on the colour, I pray it looks more blue in the flesh and not white......

I need it to look like "Glacial Blue" on here:-

http://www.lexus-europe.com/lexus_cars/gs/...our_chooser.asp

Pearl finish looks nice though! Bet that will be a :tsktsk: to get matched when some goon in Tescos takes a key/trolley to it :ohmy: ... such is life!

Andy

You got me so wound up now though on the colour, I pray it looks more blue in the flesh and not white......

Sorry! For what it's worth, everyone I've spoken to that's actually seen Glacier Frost in the flesh has said it looks far more blue than it does in the photos. Hence why Lexus EU have called it Glacier Blue I guess. Lexus PR haven't released any shots of the GS in that colour, although I'd expect them to soon. I'll drop you a line if I see anything.
Pearl finish looks nice though! Bet that will be a  :tsktsk:  to get matched when some goon in Tescos takes a key/trolley to it  :ohmy: ...  such is life!

You'd be surprised how good a match modern paint processes can get now. I really wouldn't worry about that too much.

Sorry! For what it's worth, everyone I've spoken to that's actually seen Glacier Frost in the flesh has said it looks far more blue than it does in the photos. Hence why Lexus EU have called it Glacier Blue I guess. Lexus PR haven't released any shots of the GS in that colour, although I'd expect them to soon. I'll drop you a line if I see anything.
Pearl finish looks nice though! Bet that will be a  :tsktsk:  to get matched when some goon in Tescos takes a key/trolley to it  :ohmy: ...  such is life!

You'd be surprised how good a match modern paint processes can get now. I really wouldn't worry about that too much.

My aunt in Canada has a Toyota MPV in what seems to be that exact colour (although I know that as the GS is just a picture, you can't really tell). Well anyway, that colour can only be described as metallic white, no hint of any other colour. However, when the sun shone on it, it did reflect back lots of other colours (blues and purples mainly) and I must say I thought it looked awesome in the sun.

Maybe someone else would know whether the colour is the same as that Toyota one, the car was called the Sienna, and from their website the colour seems to be called 'Arctic Frost Pearl'

its a beautiful looking machine isn't it and i want one NOW lol. But seriously i always find with severe facelifts and newer models its best to leave it a while and let someone else get the minor mech and elec problems out the way i know they are quality cars but there will be something that niggles there always is

My aunt in Canada has a Toyota MPV in what seems to be that exact colour (although I know that as the GS is just a picture, you can't really tell). Well anyway, that colour can only be described as metallic white, no hint of any other colour. However, when the sun shone on it, it did reflect back lots of other colours (blues and purples mainly) and I must say I thought it looked awesome in the sun.

Maybe someone else would know whether the colour is the same as that Toyota one, the car was called the Sienna, and from their website the colour seems to be called 'Arctic Frost Pearl'

Oh you people are shredding my nerves here! I just checked out the Sienna model colour and I'm getting worse.... but hey maybe "Glacier" frosts are more blue than "Arctic" frosts?!

I'm sitting waiting for the definitive Lexus shot of this colour..... It's got to come soon! Then failing that I guess I'll not be sure until I arrive to pick-up the car and they show me to it...... No.. that's not it Mr salesman.... I ordered a Caspian Glacier Frost Mica Sky Pearl Blue one.......what do you mean that's it?? You've surely put my number plate on the wrong vehicle?! :ohmy:

If anybody gets the Lexus press/brochure picture - please.. put me out my misery!

I hear what's been said about minor new model niggles. I had some of this with our Toyota landcruiser but they were good over it and the service received counted for them in the end.

Cheers. Andy

I took my car into Lexus Swindon for a service today and got talking about the new models and they had one Series III GS delivered this week, but they're not putting it in the showroom yet. It's the gold/champagne colour and the service people weren't sure which spec it was.