Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I took my car into Lexus Swindon for a service today and got talking about the new models and they had one Series III GS delivered this week, but they're not putting it in the showroom yet. It's the gold/champagne colour and the service people weren't sure which spec it was.

Our dealer has the GS now in showroom - one model GS300 Black with Black inetrior. Got to take a look around and had a good nosey/sit inside, no test driving though until after next week, apparently the Lexus Europe/UK press launch is in Barcelona next week - our sales guy is going out there to drive/test them and will report back on his return!

Our GS is due right at launch time - can't wait! :lol: Although I would still like to see more pictures of the colour! If only I could get any!!

3 weeks and counting......... :whistling:

Andy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus £375 for all paint other than Black

Does that mean the Black is still not metallic?

My local dealer had a silver GS300 SE in the showroom on Saturday and when I checked prices he said +£375 for all except black. I believe it is Astral Black colour code 202 which is the same as the MKII GS and other cars in the range.

I believe it is Astral Black colour code 202 which is the same as the MKII GS and other cars in the range.

Yes, I can confirm that.

Lexus Bracknell have a GS300 in the showroom (in Athabasca Shale).

Hi Alex,

Does any dealer yet have dam Caspian Sky though! I'd travel miles to see this to make sure I've made the right choice, the US pictures look more like Battleship gray in certain lights and I'm hoping that it looks more blue in the flesh....

Cheers. Andy

Does any dealer yet have dam Caspian Sky though! I'd travel miles to see this to make sure I've made the right choice, the US pictures look more like Battleship gray in certain lights and I'm hoping that it looks more blue in the flesh....

I don't know of any, but I'm asking around for you.

It's definitely not grey, though. It's a colour that will play havoc with in-camera light meters and white balance sensors, so none of the pictures on the web will be a very good likeness.

PM me with your email address and I'll drop you a line if I find anything.

It's definitely not grey, though.  It's a colour that will play havoc with in-camera light meters and white balance sensors, so none of the pictures on the web will be a very good likeness.

These could be my famous last words...... "It's definitely not grey!"

According to a dealer who responded to me and says he has seen the car in that colour it is "School trouser grey" and when prompted if it was remotely blue - "No grey"

I'm now getting concerned.................. :crybaby:

For information - if anyone is interested in seeing a particular colour here's what I have been told are in the showrooms:-

Stockport - Canterbury Blue

Southampton - Black

Edinburgh - Black

Canterbury - Boreal Green (not Canterbury Blue? why ever not?!)

Twickenham - Canterbury Blue

Wolverhampton - Black

Leeds - Black

Hatfield - Athabasca Shale

Liverpool - Black

Sheffield - Black

Swindon - Kalahari Sand

Worcester - Palladio Silver

Bolton - Silver

Seems like Black is the dealers choice for best re-sale value!

Caspian Sky would appear to be missing..... No Red or White either?

It's definitely not grey, though.  It's a colour that will play havoc with in-camera light meters and white balance sensors, so none of the pictures on the web will be a very good likeness.

These could be my famous last words...... "It's definitely not grey!"

According to a dealer who responded to me and says he has seen the car in that colour it is "School trouser grey" and when prompted if it was remotely blue - "No grey"

I'm now getting concerned.................. :crybaby:

For information - if anyone is interested in seeing a particular colour here's what I have been told are in the showrooms:-

Stockport - Canterbury Blue

Southampton - Black

Edinburgh - Black

Canterbury - Boreal Green (not Canterbury Blue? why ever not?!)

Twickenham - Canterbury Blue

Wolverhampton - Black

Leeds - Black

Hatfield - Athabasca Shale

Liverpool - Black

Sheffield - Black

Swindon - Kalahari Sand

Worcester - Palladio Silver

Bolton - Silver

Seems like Black is the dealers choice for best re-sale value!

Caspian Sky would appear to be missing..... No Red or White either?

Belfast - Palladio Silver / Ivory interior

I'm not sure the dealers had much choice about the colour of their first car

Belfast - Palladio Silver / Ivory interior

I'm not sure the dealers had much choice about the colour of their first car

Well it's not even launched yet but there is a price increase!

According to the web site this morning it's gone up a fiver! :o

SE-L was 37,995

Nice TV advert.........

ahhh - just realised the extra fiver belongs to Gordon Brown for the road tax!

TopGear appear to have the first online review of the NG GS300:-

http://www.topgear.com/jsp/individualRoadT...tNumber=07.html

Popped into Edgware Road this morning, and they have a dark red one in the showroom, looked quite nice, but really don't like those 17" wheels, makes the car look like a really big avensis :sick:

It would be worth getting the SE-L for that alone, and all the other goodies make it even better :D

Loved the keyless entry, put your hand round the door handle to open and car automatically unlocks, awesome!! Reverse camera also looked great, although I would think that the parking sensors will be more useful than the camera :unsure:

Still think the back of the car is a little too overweight, and the lack of the spoiler emphasises it more (more reason to get the SE-L). Another annoying thing is that the really short bootlid has made the boot opening really small even though the boot is massive, won't be easy to really use all that space

All in all, I was quite impressed, looking forward to see what its like to drive :driving:

Popped into Edgware Road this morning, and they have a dark red one in the showroom, looked quite nice, but really don't like those 17" wheels, makes the car look like a really big avensis  :sick:

I think the 18" 5-spokes and spoiler will finish the SE-L off nicely as you point out, we went for SE-L spec. primarily for those 2 very items!

The Red SE @ Edgware Road - what interior did it have? Ivory by any chance? I'd like to take a look......... :whistling:

Cheers.

Popped into Edgware Road this morning, and they have a dark red one in the showroom, looked quite nice, but really don't like those 17" wheels, makes the car look like a really big avensis  :sick:

I think the 18" 5-spokes and spoiler will finish the SE-L off nicely as you point out, we went for SE-L spec. primarily for those 2 very items!

The Red SE @ Edgware Road - what interior did it have? Ivory by any chance? I'd like to take a look......... :whistling:

Cheers.

They got a cream interior in the showroom, and it does look nice. I'll try get some pics when I go to the launch on thursday (they say they'll have two more cars, maybe one will be caspian sky :unsure: )

Btw, is this what you're expecting caspian sky to be? If so I like it B)

GS450h

They got a cream interior in the showroom, and it does look nice. I'll try get some pics when I go to the launch on thursday (they say they'll have two more cars, maybe one will be caspian sky

Thanks for the info, at present I am interested in seeing the red/cream combination as this is what we now look likely to be getting , having seen the C/Sky samples we are not overly keen, figured it to have been a definite blue more like the "Glacial Blue" on www.lexus-europe.com colour chooser but alas not in the flesh/sample......

I'm not sure about the GS450H shot as I have seen that pictured at New York motor show and it seems an entirely different colour which shows a lilac/blue irridescence I've not seen on the standard GS shots before and again different form C/Sky aka Glacier Frost., maybe a one-off for the hybrid prototype model?

rgds.

Thanks for the info, at present I am interested in seeing the red/cream combination as this is what we now look likely to be getting , having seen the C/Sky samples we are not overly keen, figured it to have been a definite blue more like the "Glacial Blue" on www.lexus-europe.com colour chooser but alas not in the flesh/sample......

So has caspian sky turned out to be the metallic white colour that was in those photos?

If you go into Edgware Road, speak to AJ, he's a top bloke :winky:

So has caspian sky turned out to be the metallic white colour that was in those photos?

To me Caspian Sky is more a grey/silver pearlescent with hints of irridescence, under halogen lamps inside on the dealers wall the sample looked like pearl white.

I think it is a difficult colour to photograph full-stop. In the flesh I reckon it will be different again....

However outdoors it seemed to turn more grey, but it's difficult when you only have the sample. We wanted to get away from silver and were hoping for a more blue tone altogether but C/Sky was not the colour we expected/hoped for.

Cheers.

Swindon have got a GS430 out the back.

The lip spoiler on the rear and the 18" wheels make the car look much better, but the wheels still look small. The front grille remains the same as the other models. It has a wood sterring wheel.

All in all it looked much better than the base models and a more complete car, with more power and technology to go with it.

All in all it looked much better than the base models and a more complete car, with more power and technology to go with it.

Well our Caspian Sky / Mesa Red days are now over.......

After getting word from the dealers that the order system was now online with current delivery dates & combinations we searched through and Mesa Red/Ivory was looking like 7/8 weeks order time minimum now.

Having waited for the new car so long (we held off an RX purchase 12-18 months ago in anticipation of the new GS) we were keen to get hold of one a little quicker so our order has changed again....

We are now expecting a GS430 in Athabasca Shale, Ivory interior in the next 7-10 days :lol::driving:

Well our Caspian Sky / Mesa Red days are now over.......

After getting word from the dealers that the order system was now online with current delivery dates & combinations we searched through and Mesa Red/Ivory was looking like 7/8 weeks order time minimum now.

Having waited for the new car so long (we held off an RX purchase 12-18 months ago in anticipation of the new GS) we were keen to get hold of one a little quicker so our order has changed again....

We are now expecting a GS430 in Athabasca Shale, Ivory interior in the next 7-10 days :lol::driving:

Blimey thats quick! :blink: What colour is Athabasca Shale?

You must be well excited! :D

That colour looks nice, really suits the car :D

While at the launch yesterday, I noticed that the GS430 had smoked alloys (like in the pic above), forgot to ask the dealer but do you know whether the 300 SE-L has the same alloys, or are they silver? (so there's some visual difference between the two)

That colour looks nice, really suits the car  :D

While at the launch yesterday, I noticed that the GS430 had smoked alloys (like in the pic above), forgot to ask the dealer but do you know whether the 300 SE-L has the same alloys, or are they silver? (so there's some visual difference between the two)

Not sure as yet, the dealer only has GS300 model with std 17" rims at present, they are due to receive the GS430 demonstrator monday/tuesday - when we finally get a drive all being well!

I don't know if the SE-L 18" will be "smoked" or silver but will keep a look out on the dealer demo. cars.

Maybe someone else has noticed this and can drop a note?

Cheers.