Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spelling

Tony-Bones

Call me "thicky Mc thick" and i know i am going to make my self a bit of a target here but.... i am not the worlds best speller so in order not to make myself look a tit when i make a post i need to check and re-check my spelling( worn out dictionary), my point is i was in a "OZ" forum and when i made a post it had a spell checker, couldn't LOC follow that example.

the ITA is the International Trombone Association.

So dont go blowing your Trumpet just yet  :tomato:

Seemingly i was blowing down the wrong end ( still made a tune ) sort of a peuuurrth, then i farted, ohhh the strain.... good old days.

On a serious note ( peuuuurrth ) ITA was Initial Teaching Alaphabet, some poxy new idea some chinless wonder thought up, tested on a few schools the idea was "spell it like it sounds" like "substantiation....Oh nuts i spelt that right, what i mean is like "edukate" so long as the word reads as it should sound then that was ok, the test was from age 5-7 then the whole idea was scrapped ( thanks ) so 7-11 the school tryed to undo the damage, so to this day i have a split level for spelling and low confidence ( please dry eyes ) all donations sent to toney bownes 23d tough tit st, tuf luc

fancx

We all need a bit of humour, but the topics content is valid, i think you being very much in the know regarding all things web related can understand how frustrating WIM was to build, many times i thought "why" am i doing this, to what end, the spelling all in full veiw world wide ( had ) to be right, thanks to ITA it was check/ check/ check.... but i will be honest thanks to LOC the inital 15 pages developed into 29, all because Scorpion took a leap of faith and came to me, i never knew if i was good bad or sad, later his post in LOC made it all worth it, now i know that LOC is a family and if the spelling is poor no one would really put you down for it...

I cheat type it in word then c&p  :P

Ade

Well i have a "brother" we know what it's like.. facts are my site and this forum has made me a much better speller, LOC= home. Truth is there are a lot of members here that "trust" me with their cars so if it is seen that i cannot even spell then quite rightly this would be seen as a negative. last year i went into another forum which will remain unnamed (Audi) and i got "slated" to the max.. my last post was headed "cunny funt", and i never went there again ( sod em ) but the put down botherd me for weeks, on a good note i am good at maths....

If I am writing a long post or a PM I just type it in MS Word and use the spell checker. Then paste it into my browser and submit.

:D  :D

Thanks Anees, but know with LOC i can just get on with it, do the best, say the best, be the best, that last post with Audi "cunny funt" was mine, a pure reflection of the members and their bullet attitude. now one here would take the mick out of anyone at any level i think, the support i have had over the last month really gave me a new insite to the "TEAM"

Stray apostrophes (or apostrophe's as some would write). Grrrr.

For those who want/need to know:-

Apostrophes can be used to denote ownership (e.g. the dog's b*****ks = the b*****ks of the dog, the dogs' b*****ks = the b*****ks of the dogs) or to show where letters have been removed (aren't = are not).

So your local kebab house sells burgers, kebabs and pizzas, not burger's, kebab's and pizza's.

If in doubt, leave it out, it's less noticeable.

It's = it is

Its = ownership (that dog's licking its b*****ks again).

All got it? Good.

Next lesson will be pronunciation of the Welsh letters ch, dd, f, ff and ll :P

(without the use of the dog's b*****ks this time)