Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spelling

Tony-Bones

Stray apostrophes (or apostrophe's as some would write).  Grrrr.

For those who want/need to know:-

Apostrophes can be used to denote ownership (e.g. the dog's b*****ks = the b*****ks of the dog, the dogs' b*****ks = the b*****ks of the dogs) or to show where letters have been removed (aren't = are not).

So your local kebab house sells burgers, kebabs and pizzas, not burger's, kebab's and pizza's.

If in doubt, leave it out, it's less noticeable.

It's = it is

Its = ownership (that dog's licking its b*****ks again).

All got it?  Good.

Next lesson will be pronunciation of the Welsh letters ch, dd, f, ff and ll  :P

(without the use of the dog's b*****ks this time)

Most won't understand but the "if in doubt" leave it out makes sense, ITA's damage mainly was with the over use of "e", its sad when a 40yod asks his kids how do i spell ( ? ) but it bothers me, any more tips?

I wouldn't worry about it Tony we all make mistakes and as long as it makes sense im sure most on here would be able to "read between the lines" to make sense of it.

:D  :D

Thanks Scorpion, it's hard to explain, but bad spelling looks "lazy" and gives a bad impression, this is an area that i can work on but i felt the need to explain to all in LOC i'm not lazy just badly educated.

I wouldn't worry about it Tony we all make mistakes and as long as it makes sense im sure most on here would be able to "read between the lines" to make sense of it.

:D  :D

Thanks Scorpion, it's hard to explain, but bad spelling looks "lazy" and gives a bad impression, this is an area that i can work on but i felt the need to explain to all in LOC i'm not lazy just badly educated.

Aye, but your'e a wizard where it is most important :D

I wouldn't worry too much about it Tony.

spelling mistakes happen - and are usually pretty obvious as that - a mistake.

now "txt speak" gets right up my nose.

when you have a 12 digit keypad, it may make sense to to shorten and abbreviate everything - but everyone on an internet forum has a full keyboard.

i h8 2 c a post full of dat sht - no what I mean m8?

when you have a 12 digit keypad, it may make sense to  to shorten and abbreviate everything - but everyone on an internet forum has a full keyboard.

Couldn't agree more Matthew. It really winds me up. :angry:

spelling mistakes happen - and are usually pretty obvious as that - a mistake.

when you have a 12 digit keypad, it may make sense to  to shorten and abbreviate everything - but everyone on an internet forum has a full keyboard.

Thanks for that, i must admit i "hate" mobile phones and dont own one and never will.. the spell topic and the understanding is a credit to LOC "thanks for the support"