Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

At last Lexus have released a press release on the new GS

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/articles/...-lexus-gs.shtml

A new baby born to the club, so I have created an official thread for this new model and I shall sticky this to the top of the boards.

Personally I think this car is beatifull.. Not sure if it looks better than the new IS... I was impressed with the new IS250.

What are your views? Would you upgrade your IS to the new GS or for the IS250??

At last Lexus have released a press release on the new GS

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/articles/...-lexus-gs.shtml

A new baby born to the club, so I have created an official thread for this new model and I shall sticky this to the top of the boards.

Personally I think this car is beatifull.. Not sure if it looks better than the new IS... I was impressed with the new IS250.

What are your views? Would you upgrade your IS to the new GS or for the IS250??

Yahay! The new GS is "official" and now gets its own well deserved thread. :D

We are waiting on our GS430 in Athabasca Shale with the Ivory Interior due in the next 7/10 days! What is everyone else waiting for??! What models & combinations have made you reach for your wallet? When we got confirmation on delivery schedules it looks like the SE-L & 430 are a little thin on the ground initially, many GS430 colour combinations were showing as factory order 13 weeks+ when we confirmed our final choice.

We've been waiting ages for the new GS and first impressions are of a superb looking piece of machinery, our first drive is due next week, the anticipation is almost too much!

Who else has taken the plunge? :driving:

What colour combination is Hot, what's Not?

-----

Due Soon: GS430 A/Shale - Ivory :yahoo:

Departing soon: GS300SE Nav 1999 Silver :sad:

'bout time Lexus released this.

Have seen the new GS up at Lexus Chester twice now.

Its a fine looking car, and I like it a lot.

The only problem is the rear view - the back end just looks wrong, and from some rear angles like a new Primera :blush:

It also looks a lot better in other colours. The silver one in the press release, and all the earlier shots we saw does not look as nice as the green colour at Chester, or the Athabasca Shale that Andy has bought (and posted pics of).

The interior is not quite as nice as the MKII.

The arm rest may be "cleverer", in how it slides back, and levers up to show two "cubby holes". But its much thinner - can't imagine you could actually rest your arm on it. The two stage cubby hole also looks like it will not store as much as the existing one, and I keep a fair bit in my arm rest (wallet, phone in the top. Road Angel in the bottom, and my phone charger is plugged in there too).

The dash / console is nice, but a bit too flat, not as contoured. You don't feel as "enclosed" by the the console and dash.

I did like the pull down secret buttons, and do like the idea of the keyless entry and an engine start button.

It seemed to have a reasonable ride height too - the normal vast amount of wheel arch real estate the Lexus seem to like was not present. Not driven one though, so don't how this will effect the smoothness of the ride (although I seriously doubt that Lexus will release a car with a hard and harsher ride).

I really liked the clear side indicators too :blush:

I intend on test driving one of the new shape soon - and I'm quite looking forward to it to be honest. Not thinking of changing cars - justwant to try one out :D

• 2 weeks later...

I am seriously considering the new GS but have to see the new IS in flesh. I quite like it but can't justify the cost for the optional sun roof.

Also not sure of the new trim levels i.e SE, SE-L

:P I have ordered the SE model NO sun roof, don't us so saved the money. colours Palladio Silver with Sunderland interior, looks good in the flesh unlike the photo, coming next thursday can't wait. :lol:

What's the Sunderland interior ? It's not red and white stripes with black shorts is it ? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Had our GS430 now for a week, just uploaded some pics if anyone is interested?

Take a look at:-

http://www.northerntrack.com/GS430.htm

Stick with the download.... :D

The car is superb in every way, drives/handles so much sweeter than the old GS300 we traded. "Sport" mode puts the suspension into real tight mode together with the Variable gear ratio steering really coming alive! If only we had a few more miles on the clock to really get the feel......!

Just been treated by Lexus Brighton to a day out in the new GS300 and lunch at South Lodge.

Must admit to thinking the new GS was a bit frumpy initially, but I'm actually finding it grows on you. I was also thinking while driving that I actually don't care if this isn't the most exciting looking medium/large exec car on the road (it certainly isn't ugly), because it more than makes up for it in the 'being inside it' experience.

If you want to waft 4 people around in comfort then this is a refreshing alternative to the ubiquitous german offerings. It was also fairly nimble when her indoors was giving it a spirited drive down some country lanes.

I liked:

- Keyless/smart door entry

- White on black dials (really clear)

- Satnav (Lexus still make the best IMHO) & audio/climate controls

- Super smooth/quiet V6

- Unfussed quiet ride with little road noise

- Self closing boot

- Air conditioned seats

- Reversing camera (as you get older your ability to park seems to diminish!)

Not quite sure about:

- The pop-down panel for the boot release

- Finish of the dash air vent panel above the centre console. It butts directly up to the dash & console and the fit has to be spot on to not look mass-produced and uneven.

- Slightly flimsy feel to the centre armrest assembly.

These are minor niggles. Overall it's an exceedingly nice car to drive, and just 'be in'. My main two reasons for not buying one are firstly that I rarely need the space to carry four in such comfort, and secondly... I don't have a spare £35K! :P

Will definately try and arrange a drive of the new GS450h if/when it comes to the UK.

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Stick with the download....  :D

The car is superb in every way, drives/handles so much sweeter than the old GS300 we traded. "Sport" mode puts the suspension into real tight mode together with the Variable gear ratio steering really coming alive! If only we had a few more miles on the clock to really get the feel......!

Hi Andy,

Great looking car !!... I'm just wavering between a Lex or an E-Class and can't make up my mind :unsure: .. I had the new GS300 on loan for a few hours on Saturday and quite frankly it was stunning !! So at the moment it looks like it will be the Lexus.

Have you had any probs/niggles with your new baby?

Thanks

Mark

Stick with the download....  :D

Hi Andy,

Great looking car !!... I'm just wavering between a Lex or an E-Class and can't make up my mind :unsure: .. I had the new GS300 on loan for a few hours on Saturday and quite frankly it was stunning !! So at the moment it looks like it will be the Lexus.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark, just my 2 pence, I have had my new GS300SE since 29th april, covered 2200 MILES, average local MPG 29, disance mixed so far 35 MPG. Niggles: when four up with boot filled, mid range power is lacking, one up, is fine, when loaded it needs more BHP. comfort for 4 persons is good, no problems with the car so far. best regards J :winky:

Hi Andy,

Great looking car !!... I'm just wavering between a Lex or an E-Class and can't make up my mind  :unsure: .. I had the new GS300 on loan for a few hours on Saturday and quite frankly it was stunning !! So at the moment it looks like it will be the Lexus.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

No problems at all up to press, just clicked over the 2000 mile mark today and with a few miles on the 430 has loosened up nicely and when you stick it in sport & power mode it is plenty good enough for me! Never been a big fan of Mercedes but can't really offer a true opinion as I've only ever driven a couple of the big 500 class on hire.

The GS is still getting some glances as we drive by and here in Leeds as yet I ain't seen another one on the road as yet, talk about exclusive!

At the end of the day it's personal I guess you just have to drive both and decide which is right for you? I'm not at all unhappy with my choice though! Nuff said! :driving:

• 1 month later...
Just been treated by Lexus Brighton to a day out in the new GS300 and lunch at South Lodge.

Must admit to thinking the new GS was a bit frumpy initially, but I'm actually finding it grows on you. I was also thinking while driving that I actually don't care if this isn't the most exciting looking medium/large exec car on the road (it certainly isn't ugly), because it more than makes up for it in the 'being inside it' experience.

If you want to waft 4 people around in comfort then this is a refreshing alternative to the ubiquitous german offerings. It was also fairly nimble when her indoors was giving it a spirited drive down some country lanes.

I liked:

- Super smooth/quiet V6

- Self closing boot

- Air conditioned seats

Not quite sure about:

- Finish of the dash air vent panel above the centre console. It butts directly up to the dash & console and the fit has to be spot on to not look mass-produced and uneven.

These are minor niggles. Overall it's an exceedingly nice car to drive, and just 'be in'. My main two reasons for not buying one are firstly that I rarely need the space to carry four in such comfort, and secondly... I don't have a spare £35K!  :P

Will definately try and arrange a drive of the new GS450h if/when it comes to the UK.

Hey everyone, I'm currently driving a MErcedes Benz 500SEC, and 90% gonna get the new Lexus GS 300 Super luxury! Does the boot self close like the BMW 7 series!?

• 3 months later...

I liked:

- Super smooth/quiet V6

- Self closing boot

- Air conditioned seats

Not quite sure about:

These are minor niggles. Overall it's an exceedingly nice car to drive, and just 'be in'. My main two reasons for not buying one are firstly that I rarely need the space to carry four in such comfort, and secondly... I don't have a spare £35K!  :P

Hey everyone, I'm currently driving a MErcedes Benz 500SEC, and 90% gonna get the new Lexus GS 300 Super luxury! Does the boot self close like the BMW 7 series!?

You en half going to miss the performance, the gs300 is slow compaired yours. :o

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Having driven both, I have to say the GS300SE is better value for money than an IS250SE Auto, just a bit thirstier.

Other than that the GS does win in terms of smoothness, noise, and space for me at least!!

And the good thing is that you can pick up a 6 month old one for £27k!

PS - if I recall, the new GS450h has the newer WMA/MP3 capability. The screen images and it's functions were a bit naff!!

• 2 years later...

nice looking car dude. mine is exactly the same...

Stick with the download.... :D

• 1 year later...

L9XSS private plate available. Just taken off my is200.On retention certificate for 11 months. Have decided to sell. First £520 secures it. Looks great on any lexus. Turns heads. Great plate at an affordable price. Contact me on Paul.mussett@tiscali.co.uk

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...