Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Overmoderated

What name should I use of a weekend?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What name should I use of a weekend?

• Pauline
    • Mandy
    • Cindy
    • Bertha
    • steve
    • Bergit

Personaly i think its getting all a bit much and its not very helpful to new members when they ask a question and they are hit with banners that take up most of the page,a simple answer in type "have you used the search facility" and pointed in the right direction is suffice.

:D :D

I dont s'pose this poll will last long either,but its done without fear of comebacks as its all annonymous.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete

I'm not going to close this topic mate - and I hope that none of the mods will either. I've been a member here since a few months after it opened and I challenge anyone to ever quote a time when I've censored anything just cos I don't agree with it.

I would, hoever, ask you to consider whether this post is a dig at a moderator who is genuinely trying to do his best, and may have made a mistake.

If it is, I'd respectfully ask you to request that the topic be closed.

ive never used the facility pete and prob never will,i ask the lads ansd when i get an answer other people can see and learn also.but i`ll get shot to bits as usual so come on usual lot and shoot me down like you do for saying my bit. :D

Pete

I'm not going to close this topic mate - and I hope that none of the mods will either.  I've been a member here since a few months after it opened and I challenge anyone to ever quote a time when I've censored anything just cos I don't agree with it.

I would, hoever, ask you to consider whether this post is a dig at a moderator who is genuinely trying to do his best, and may have made a mistake.

If it is, I'd respectfully ask you to request that the topic be closed.

So how come it was shown as "closed" soon after it was posted? Like a Nigerian election :shutit:

On the whole, I don't think that the forum is over-moderated, and generally speaking the moderators do a great job. Having said that, there are a couple of things which I personally think have gone a bit over the top of late.

Search before you post

This old chestnut has been covered elsewhere so I won't bring it up again.

Going off topic

I assumed that the change in the T&Cs was to stop people having long threads such as "The Monster" and "The Drift Car" hijacked and repeatedly being taken off in a different direction than the author intended. Recently though people seem to be getting jumped on when a thread deviates at all from its original subject even when the person who posted it isn't bothered.

Please don't take this as a criticism (although that's exactly what it is I suppose :lol: ) of the moderators, just my personal point of view.

Keep up the good work :)

Yes this was a closed topic which was cool with me as its a poll and doesn't stop members who wish to vote.

No its not a personal dig at anyone,its my observation,i visit a couple of club sites and the moderators just let things roll without any intervention unless it gets out of hand then they step in which you would expect.

People make mistakes as we are all human but you see posts all the time where a mod has stepped in and reminded the starter that its in the wrong forum and its been moved...why? if its in the wrong forum just move it without saying it,and why do people get wound up about members posting in caps lock,i understand that there is etiquette in computer skills but its not life threatening yet a mod will jump in and say "please dont type in caps lock this is your final warning"........whats all that about!!!!!.....the keyboard may be broke :lol: When you shout at your kids do they say dont speak in caps lock dad :D

someone needs to look up moderation.

What you are referring to is not moderation, its simply posting.

ANYONE can post "Use the search" - even a n00bie.

do you want me to change the title of this post (which is moderation by the way  :winky: )

Hhhmmmmmm theres always one ;)

Which is why the starter should be able to change the topic if hes made a mistake(you can on other car forums)

Yes this was a closed topic which was cool with me as its a poll and doesn't stop members who wish to vote.

No its not a personal dig at anyone,its my observation,i visit a couple of club sites and the moderators just let things roll without any intervention unless it gets out of hand then they step in which you would expect.

People make mistakes as we are all human but you see posts all the time where a mod has stepped in and reminded the starter that its in the wrong forum and its been moved...why? if its in the wrong forum just move it without saying it,and why do people get wound up about members posting in caps lock,i understand that there is etiquette in computer skills but its not life threatening yet a mod will jump in and say "please dont type in caps lock this is your final warning"........whats all that about!!!!!.....the keyboard may be broke :lol: When you shout at your kids do they say dont speak in caps lock dad :D

:offtopic: TYPING IN CAPS is bad etiquette in cyberspace; it is considered to be SHOUTING :tomato:

Going off topic

I assumed that the change in the T&Cs was to stop people having long threads such as "The Monster" and "The Drift Car" hijacked and repeatedly being taken off in a different direction than the author intended. Recently though people seem to be getting jumped on when a thread deviates at all from its original subject even when the person who posted it isn't bothered.

the revisions are to stop exactly that Nick ;)

And it really doesn't matter if the original poster is bothered or not to be honest mate. :blush:

We need to keep threads on one subject to help people reading them in future, epsecially in the car forums.

So - in your one post, you don't agree with people being told to search, as its not very useful, yet you don't see a problem with new guys not being able to take any useful information from threads because they deviate so far from a subject :huh:

:lol::lol::lol:

People make mistakes as we are all human but you see posts all the time where a mod has stepped in and reminded the starter that its in the wrong forum and its been moved...why? if its in the wrong forum just move it without saying it,

The topic is moved ...... and usually a polite reminder is left, that the thread was created in a wrong forum

This is to 'remind' the starter of that thread to select the correct forum before placing, thus helping those new members to be able to 'find' what they are looking for when they only look in that particular forum.