Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

10,000 mile service

Car was booked in for 10:00 am, and I had requested a courtesy car, as the dealership is a 15 minute drive away, and I had things to do.

Booking had been made about 1 month before.

Turned up on time, they were expecting me - service manager came out to talk to me about the service - any requests etc.

Asked that they look at the gearbox - suffer a bit from the old clunky 1st to 2nd, and sometimes 2 - 3.

Also asked if they could get the Max Power sticker someone had thoughtfully glued onto my boot a day or so earlier. (see this thread

Mal was a nice guy, had a look at the sticker, and made no promises, other than they would give it their best shot.

Courtesy car was ready - it was an auto IS200 - and it was nice and clean, spick and span inside and out.

We agreed to try for a 1:00pm delivery time, although Mal did say it might be a bit later.

I rang up about 1:30 and Mal explained that the car wasn't ready - some earlier work had slightly overran - and that they were still trying to get the sticker off - and that it would be ready for abour 2:30 - 2:45.

Got a call at about 2:30 - car was ready (I was on the way up anyway).

Parked up next to my car - checked the boot - superb - no sign of the semi naked Max Power lady.

Went in - Mal worked through the bill, had done all the standard first service malarkey.

Had also changed the gearbox oil, to a better quality oil - something he is trying with other IS's with this gearbox problem.

Worked through the bill and 'state' of the car - pretty standard fare - everything is hunky dory - no need to worry about brakes / tyres etc.

Went out the car, and Mal pointed out that there were actually two really small specs where the they couldn't get the sticker glue off - I hadn't noticed them, you had to have them pointed out to see them.

Car had been valeted inside and out, and there was a service checklist on the passenger seat, being held down by a nice little box of Lexus chocoates!.

Knocking off my Gold Member discount, service came in and £136 including VAT.

This got me the service, valet, choccies and what must have been a fair bit of working removing the sticker without damaging the paintwork.

My last service on the Renault was £186.

So - I am quite a happy chappy - expectation met!

The choccies were quite nice too!

I have just had the 2 yr ( 20000) full service done by Lexus Southampton. I paid £200 and had to ring them twice afterwards with queries. The air conditioning filter was not changed as they had none in stock. They did not charge me or tell me until I asked and they also failed to clean out the existing one. I did it with a vacuum cleaner as there was dust and seeds in the filter. The brake fluid was not changed but when I asked they stated that they had checked it with a machine. This is fair enough but I had to ask as there was no information given by them. I bought my car from them and I can't help feeling that the the final sum of £200 was a rip off!

I was just thinking my service hadn't been quite so special...... they collected my car for me and brought it back, so no waiting around... only left a Yaris loan car, then a ratty Corrolla when it had to go back again - and no choccies..... but the total bill was only just over £60 for my 10,000 mile service, so I'm okay with no chocs!