Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anees's Car Pc Thread - Advice And Info

Just another update guys!

I did get my Car PC working "sort of" before TRAX. It would auto turn on but not off. :( Anyway on the way to TRAX (30 minutes into my journey) it just went off! When I got to Silverstone I tried resetting it and plugging in and unplugging the power connector to no avail. :( Left it for abit and it still didn't work. So just plugged the on/off switch for my PC back in (instead of the one that runs off the ignition) and manually tried to turn it on. It came ON and seemed fine for about 20 minutes before again abruptly shutting itself down. :huh: No lights were on the back of the OPUS and its been like that ever since!

Also noticed that my reserving sensors and my parrot Bluetooth kit had stopped working too! Also my cigarette lighter stopped working! :crybaby: I replaced the fuse in the cigarette lighter (thanks for the fuse Gord) and that made it work again.

Normally I would assume its a heat related issue with the PC just shutting off - but for the few times I've had it working properly it has been on long ish runs of 1h+ without any issues.

Got the reversing sensors working again and the parrot Bluetooth kit -just unplugged them and reconnected them - WIERD!! :nuke:

Not had much chance to do do anything with the PC since TRAX but yesterday I got the old multimeter out (I'd lost the black terminal! :lol:) and had a look.

Car Battery (which is new) - producing a good 12.43V

Voltage running through the 8AWG cable I have from the car Battery to the back of the Opus 150W power supply is also 12.43V so their doesn't seem to be a break in the power getting to the power supply.

Voltage coming out of the power supply to the power connector on the PC motherboard is 12.41V. The motherboard power light doesn't come on (indicating power) and I think the power supply is faulty AGAIN! (Remember this is a new replacement one). Yes I have replaced the fuse! :D

I brought the PC in yesterday and reconnected a standard ATX powersupply and it ran fine!

I am honestly getting disheartenned now and really fed up with it. But I have put alot of time and effort into this project so I don't want to give up.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah keep Troopin on Anees! When i get constant problem like that...with anything (car pc girlfriend) i just literally rip it out and start again, making sure all connector, joints, software is all working ok.

Just another update guys!

I did get my Car PC working "sort of" before TRAX. It would auto turn on but not off. :( Anyway on the way to TRAX (30 minutes into my journey) it just went off! When I got to Silverstone I tried resetting it and plugging in and unplugging the power connector to no avail. :( Left it for abit and it still didn't work. So just plugged the on/off switch for my PC back in (instead of the one that runs off the ignition) and manually tried to turn it on. It came ON and seemed fine for about 20 minutes before again abruptly shutting itself down. :huh: No lights were on the back of the OPUS and its been like that ever since!

Also noticed that my reserving sensors and my parrot bluetooth kit had stopped working too! Also my cigarette lighter stopped working!  :crybaby: I replaced the fuse in the cigarette lighter (thanks for the fuse Gord) and that made it work again.

Normally I would assume its a heat related issue with the PC just shutting off  - but for the few times I've had it working properly it has been on long ish runs of 1h+ without any issues.

Got the reversing sensors working again and the parrot bluetooth kit  -just unplugged them and reconnected them - WIERD!! :nuke:

Not had much chance to do do anything with the PC since TRAX but yesterday I got the old multimeter out (I'd lost the black terminal! :lol:) and had a look.

Car Battery (which is new) - producing a good 12.43V

Voltage running through the 8AWG cable I have from the car battery to the back of the Opus 150W power supply is also 12.43V so their doesn't seem to be a break in the power getting to the power supply.

Voltage coming out of the power supply to the power connector on the PC motherboard is 12.41V. The motherboard power light doesn't come on (indicating power) and I think the power supply is faulty AGAIN! (Remember this is a new replacement one). Yes I have replaced the fuse! :D

I brought the PC in yesterday and reconnected a standard ATX powersupply and it ran fine!

I am honestly getting disheartenned now and really fed up with it. But I have put alot of time and effort into this project so I don't want to give up.

Have you thought about going to pc world :question:

I think the problem is Anees  :P  :P  :whistling:  :whistling:

:tomato:

:blush: Ok I'll give you that! :lol: What it is, is that when I first started with this Car PC lark I never had any tools except some insulating tape and a screwdriver. Gradually as I've learn't the proper way of doing things and bought the proper tools I've got better at joining wires, soldering and other things! I will disconnect the wires that go into the back of the OPUS and solder( + heat shrink them) which I hope sorts the problem out for me!

will be going well soon young man...car was nice as well gold & green look great !

Thanks for the kind words. No walking stick too! I had be told you used one! :blush: With your car being the other "rare and unique" classy car in Aztec fire along with my green we have to stick together in the face of the common Plat Ice, Black and Blue!! :winky:

Have you thought about going to pc world  :question:

That is BLASPHAMY!! :tsktsk: :tsktsk: Its like me suggesting you get your 19" wheels balanced from the muppets at Kwik Fit!! :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links