Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Still No Power

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gord>> You are too kind:) but i don't know if i need them right now..

About other IS200, problem is, there is only 5 IS in my city and majority is auto:/ lexus dealer also has onlu auto at their place

i think we need a meet in your city then :D

About other IS200, problem is, there is only 5 IS in my city and majority is auto:/ lexus dealer also has onlu auto at their place

:offtopic: I hear there are some rather attractive ladies over there :hehe:

It's a bit of a drive for me. Will need about 2 month notice! :driving:

Oh, we have a lot of beautiful ladies here, also very good bear:) You are all welcome, and it is not so far away from UK...Singapore, this is far  :driving:

hmm club meet in lituania, driving! would end up like wacky races :lol:

Oh, we have a lot of beautiful ladies here, also very good bear:) You are all welcome, and it is not so far away from UK...Singapore, this is far  :driving:

I'll be running around in Europe for the month of May... if we get enough beautiful ladies and beer, put me down for the lituania club meet! :whistling:

(unfortunately I won't be bringing my IS along since it exceeds the maximum amount of check-in luggage permitted by the silly airlines! :P )

PS. back onto the topic, have you figured out whats wrong with your exhaust yet?

in a convergent duct (picture funnel) this causes an increase in exhaust gas exit velocity a drop in temp and a drop in pressure the reverse is tru in a divergent duct (picture girlfriends hairdrier diffuser) velocity drops pressure increases and temperature increases

Bit late in the thread but not how I was taught it. Agree with the the velocity and pressure bit above but not the temp. :duh:

(Pressure x Volume) / Temperature = a Constant for any gas (called Boyles Law)

When a gas is compressed the increase in pressure is greater them reduction in volume so temp increases (why a bike pump gets hot). In the reverse temp reduces, best illustration is why a CO2 extingusher cone gets very cold. :)

with gasses through a duct whatever happens to pressure happens to temperature if pressure rises then temperature rises the reverse is true with a pressure drop

boyles law is p*V = constant where the pressure multiplied by the volume of the gas gives a temperature (ideally) and assumes that the temperature is constant

for these to work you need a volume to work with, the gasses in an exhaust system are fluid

I don't know if it was mentioned before and I didn't read all your threads about your problem.

But I just had the idea that if the engine management thinks the car is not warm enough it will reduce the power output. The magic line seems to be at 45degCel. Above this temperature you have full power.

So what if measurement of this temperature is wrong, not transmitted to ECU or whatever?

How is it transmitted, from where, how could he check that the ECU knows that the engine is warm enough?

with gasses through a duct whatever happens to pressure happens to temperature if pressure rises then temperature rises the reverse is true with a pressure drop

boyles law is p*V = constant where the pressure multiplied by the volume of the gas gives a temperature (ideally) and assumes that the temperature is constant

for these to work you need a volume to work with, the gasses in an exhaust system are fluid

Stand corrected on Boyles Law it was a few years ago when I did that stuff :)

Anyway the fact is P x V = C assuming temp stays constant ! Boyles Law.

Charles worked out the relationship between Temperature and Volume assuming that pressure stayed constant. V1/T1 = V2/T2

Combine the two and you get (P1 x V1) / T1 = (P2 x V2) / T2. The ideal gas equation :excl:

For volume substitute (Velocity x Cross Sectional Area of Duct) = Volume of Fluid per unit of time (gas is always a fluid) it can be moving or not.

Net result is increase of pressure = increase of temp, decrease of pressure = decrease of temp without this fundemental principal we would have to drink warm beer in the Summer :crying:

you say your car is jumping in low rev's and not running good untill it hits 3500 to 4000RPM ;)

well let me say this............my CAT meltted today but before i new it had i could not get any power out of the car in 1,st & 2nd and so on............only when i got to 4000rpm then the power came back...........in 1st & 2nd i was going along as if there was no fuel" ie " jumping along...........well i got it up to about 70,MPH and it was going ok. but when i slowed down then went to pick up the speed abit.....there was no power. so i stoped and got out and had alook under the car and the CAT was RED :crying: and the under try was on fire :crying:

so PLEASE get someone to take alook at the CAT under the car before you go out in it next.

as i was lucky that i stoped and had alook to see what was up...........if i had not got out............i dont think i would have my lexus now :crybaby:

me think its your CAT

as you car sounds just like how my car went today ;)

Marcus>>>scary stuff! were Your pre-cats removed? ANd for how long did You drive till cat was red? Tell me more, i don't want tu burn down. Besides how strong exhaust blowed before Cat burned? My seems to be too weak, in low revs it is almost noticable and in high revs it was not strong enough to move the "dust"!!!

PhoneDrome>>i thought about it a lot of times, because standing in cold weather engine was strange. However I don't know how to check it.

Marcus>>>scary stuff! were Your pre-cats removed? ANd for how long did You drive till cat was red? Tell me more, i don't want tu burn down. Besides how strong exhaust blowed before Cat burned? My seems to be too weak, in low revs it is almost noticable and in high revs it was not strong enough to move the "dust"!!!

PhoneDrome>>i thought about it a lot of times, because standing in cold weather engine was strange. However I don't know how to check it.

Hi mate, i have just fitted a Turbo last week, so i have no pre-cats just the main cat............i have 3" down pipe all the way to main cat........and i only new it was the main-cat as i could see it was RED :crying: and all so before i pulled over it looked like i had fireworks comeing out the back BOX :ohmy:

But this is why i said get someone to take the main cat of and have alook at it.........before my maincat went i had no lowdown power just like what you are saying and it was like it was jumping as well........just get it looked at mate :winky:

Marcus>>>thanks i will

Monster-Mat>>not only at 20km/h, at this speed it is worse, but it also happens at high revs, thats why i am confused why sometimes it revs well and sometimes i push the pedal and it hardly revs even in neutral, when car is standing!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links