Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Still No Power

ah, now you have said that......

reving ok sometimes and sometimes not, cannot be a fault with the cat, as mentioned earlier look at the Lambda sensors, but then these would throw a CEL.......hmm

what fuel are you using

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i am very pleased to see, that people are so friendly here. It really helped me, and now i can say that my ride is ok:) it seems to drive very well at higher revs and it should be drove only in high revs. Besides, strange thing, but my 2nd gear fixed after two days of driving in high revs:) it is smooth now, don't know if it is coincidence or it was tired of my slow city driving...

Thanks again, best regards

Guys, last question! Is it hard for You, IS200 manual owners to spin the wheels from start? Because for me it is hard! It hardly spins from 3000 RPM.. It feels like i am pulling some other car! How about You?

ok for me :D but mine got supercharger on :hehe:

Guys, last question! Is it hard for You, IS200 manual owners to spin the wheels from start? Because for me it is hard! It hardly spins from 3000 RPM.. It feels like i am pulling some other car! How about You?

it is possible but the revs have to be high

3000rpm is too low for a launch. Try dialing it up to 5000, and if the wheelspin is too great at that level, dial it down by 500 and try again. Should be around that range. Of course, there are variations based on lots of factors such as power output of car, weight of wheels, type/width of tyres used, road conditions etc etc, but I doubt even the stock IS200 would get a good launch below 4000 rpm.

*and if you do wear out your clutch, then it's an excuse to upgrade it! :)

Thanks Dayu.

Today my car was worse than ever, it drove shi*** even in high revs, i even felt some sort of vibration on accelerator pedal in high revs. So pre-cats were not the reason :(

Besides, guys, today i heard strange noise and remembered that this noise was onlu when car was in that kind of condition, i mean slow! The noise: i turned the engine off, after a second i heard strange noise, don't know how to describe it, but it looked like the air was going out from somewhere, and it repeated about 4 times. If don't know how to imagine the sound, think about the airplain shutting his engines off(slowly). Any ideas?

the constant yo-yo between good and bad performance of your car might be due to the oxygen sensors not being put in properly. They might not be properly plugged in, or they might not be working properly. Have you checked them?

the constant yo-yo between good and bad performance of your car might be due to the oxygen sensors not being put in properly. They might not be properly plugged in, or they might not be working properly. Have you checked them?

Yes, they seems to be in their place tightened propertly. But if one of them wouldn't work propertly, shouldn't some lights blink on speedo?

I also checked the air vault area. Took the air filter off, with engine on and tried to accelerate. It looks like vault is not opening much, only when I floor the pedal and wait a second or it shouldn't be moving much 0-90 degrees?