Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:blink:  I am looking at after market alloys for my new GS300SE as lexus can't or wont change the 17" to 18's. I am told that it will affect my insurance, is this true. :shutit:

PS) what are the best alloy manufacturers out there?

Surely this won't affect your insurance. It doesn't affect the performance of the car ! :crying:

PS. Going by the standard of the Lexus, don't buy alloys from Japan :hehe:

It will affect your insurance even if you get Lexus wheels (maybe not as much) as you are modifying the vehicle. Even if they don't charge extra it should still be listed on your policy otherwise if you claim and they see the 'modification' they could reject the claim.

I was quoted £30 extra for wheels. Also they may not actually be fully covered, if they need to be replaced because of an accident they would only replace with standard wheels (or maybe only pay for standard and the owner pay the extra).

It will affect your insurance even if you get Lexus wheels (maybe not as much) as you are modifying the vehicle. Even if they don't charge extra it should still be listed on your policy otherwise if you claim and they see the 'modification' they could reject the claim.

I was quoted £30 extra for wheels. Also they may not actually be fully covered, if they need to be replaced because of an accident they would only replace with standard wheels (or maybe only pay for standard and the owner pay the extra).

Do they take alloys into account the same way as bodykit modifications, as in how much more does it cost than the standard part?

:tomato: prohaps i'll keep the 17's then, they don't look too bad :shutit: