Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speeding Tickets

asifk

I know this may sound silly, but I have received 3 speeding tickets in the last 6 weeks. While I am not the most perfect driver around, the dates/times written on the letters they sent me are such that I would have been at work with my car safely in a parking lot on at least 2 of the occasions.

Is there any way to contest these? I am new to the UK and so not sure how to proceed. They didn't send me any photos in the mail, just said that their allegation has supporting evidence behind it.

Would appreciate your words of wisdom.

Thanks,

Asif

for those interested, I have a 2001 Black IS200 with the works, and I LOVE IT!!

Gatso cameras take photos of your car, then zoom in.

This can be used in evidence in court, and this can also be posted to you if requested.

You can contest the tickets, however the chances are that when it goes to court, you will receive a heavier fine.

If you can be 100% sure that it wasn't you, and someone , maybe stolen your number plates - write a letter stating this, and that you want to see some photographic evidence.

There may be some distinguishing features on your car, spoiler, number plates surround, window sitckers etc ...... all of this along with the evidence that your car was parked in a secure car park may work in your favour.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links