Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nitrous

I have just missed out on a nitrous system for the car so i have descided to put one together myself as far as i know i need :

Fuel solenoid

Nitrous Solenoid

Fogger nozzle & jets

Fuel pressure safety switch

Throttle switch

Arming switch

RPM window switch

Bottle

Clamps

Braided Hose

am i missing anything out ?

what size jets are you goiing for, anything above 50 i recomend the use of a progressive controller.

what kit you going for, sounds like a crappy american kit where the solonoids are simply industrial solonoids not desighned for the job, and often get stuck open leading to blown engine.

braided hose is a waste of money for anything below a 150 shot,,

i HIGHLY recomend (as do 3 others) that you go for a kit from Highpower systems (aka the wizard of nos) these kits are british made by a guy with over 25 years exp, his PULSOIDS are deisgned for the job of pulsing and DO NOT fail.

they got a good forum for you to look at, where also you can see the differences between his and other US kits, hell this guy even advised HOLLEY on there kits and also NOS (or was it NX) license the wizars controller technology from him..

what size jets are you goiing for, anything above 50 i recomend the use of a progressive controller.

what kit you going for, sounds like a crappy american kit where the solonoids are simply industrial solonoids not desighned for the job, and often get stuck open leading to blown engine.

braided hose is a waste of money for anything below a 150 shot,,

i HIGHLY recomend (as do 3 others) that you go for a kit from Highpower systems (aka the wizard of nos) these kits are british made by a guy with over 25 years exp, his PULSOIDS are deisgned for the job of pulsing and DO NOT fail.

they got a good forum for you to look at, where also you can see the differences between his and other US kits,  hell this guy even advised HOLLEY on there kits and also NOS (or was it NX) license the wizars controller technology from him..

I remember you saying about wizards before but until now i couldn't remember the name and i am not going to go above 50 for a while want to see the effect on the engine first this is going to be an as i go uprade on it though i don't want to spend a fortune to find i am not particularly impressed with it and as for braided hose i ger that FOC :D

Thanks for the info fargo will go and have a look at the website

please please dont go and get a US kit, the braided hose may well be free, but at the cost of performance.

FYI 50bhp has been run safely in ADDITION to a s/c on the IS200 (daveE and steveaudio), therefore a 75/100 shot would be fine to run.

what kit are you going for,, before you do let me dig out some info on it to compare with highpower...

please please dont go and get a US kit, the braided hose may well be free, but at the cost of performance.

FYI 50bhp has been run safely in ADDITION to a s/c on the IS200 (daveE and steveaudio), therefore a 75/100 shot would be fine to run.

what kit are you going for,, before you do let me dig out some info on it to compare with highpower...

The hose isn't free from the suppliers i get that myself :D think it was NX i was looking at and Zex kits and i will be running it on a GS but its good to know that it has been run safely thanks for the info Fargo

The hose isn't free from the suppliers i get that myself :D think it was NX i was looking at and Zex kits and i will be running it on a GS but its good to know that it has been run safely thanks for the info Fargo

Just to update

So far i have the fuel and nitrous solenoids, the rpm window switch, the throttle microswitch and a system arm switch. I want to get a fuel pressure safety switch too and obviously i will have to get the bottle and mounts and a fogger and the jets

the solenoids i have are Cold Fusion ones and the rest of the kit is either NOS or other parts i can get :whistling:

using solonoids as opposed pulseoids...

also what rom range are you going to set the switch to, having an rom switch is pointless and dangerous in my opnion..

if you set the window to low your gona severly labout the engine which will eventually blow.

the wizards kit does not use it, only a main arming switch and a throttle microswitch, so therfore the nitrous only flows at WON (wide open throttle) so you will always be in the best possible rpm range. also by using the window switch you may well be in the situation of flowing nitrous to early then it stops (due to the window) when you need it most.. at top end..

using solonoids as opposed pulseoids...

also what rom range are you going to set the switch to,  having an rom switch is pointless and dangerous in my opnion..

if you set the window to low your gona severly labout the engine which will eventually blow.

the wizards kit does not use it, only a main arming switch and a throttle microswitch, so therfore the nitrous only flows at WON (wide open throttle) so you will always be in the best possible rpm range. also by using the window switch you may well be in the situation of flowing nitrous to early then it stops (due to the window) when you need it most.. at top end..

Well i was going to set the electrics so the system would only work when the throttle is fully open/down and with the rpm switch at on 3000+ rpm and off at 6000rpm i want flow from low revs upto just before gear change so i don't put strain on the gearbox do you think that wouldbe coming in too early at 3000rpm ?

deffo too early,, i would say more like 4500.

also you should perhaps think about using the wizards maximiser controller, this you can set up things like when the nitrous should come in, at what percentage to come in at, and how long to build up to a higher %, it also has setup to allow gear changes, ie come back in say at 100% or whatever. this is for sure the way to prolong the life of the engine.

also forget the braided lines, ,problem there is in the innner bore size is not efficient and also they are prone to blowing at the point of termination with the connectors (i knwo that from experince) ,, go for wizrds nylon hoses..... in fact go for the wizards entire kit,,

Wizards Pulsoids are the ONLY ones designed to pulsate and operate as they do. Other solenoids do not work for very long. any other solenoids are supposed to be fully stripped and serviced after only 6 minutes of use. thats what it says in the original manual ! The materials the internals are manufactured from cause excessive wear as they are metal to metal, and they stick in the open position frequently. I know of several users of other brands who have had engines pack up due to this.

be very careful.

i'll get the proper stuff after i have b :tsktsk: d this one i just want to have a play for a while and get my own head around whats going on hopefully it won't involve "going long" to retrieve any wayward pistons :blink:

I do appreciate what you are saying guys and i have taken it on board (but if anyone says i told you so in the near future i may well sulk) :hehe:

well ok,, its up to you,, but personally i wouldnt like to 'play' with a crap kit at the risk of my engine....good luck anyways..

you know you are making paranoia creep in now i may well get a set of pulsoids for peace of mind

get yourself on the wizards forum and do the research and ask the questions, they know there stuff, and are friendly..

Sounds like a plan but for the interim i reckon i am going to see if my mate wants it on his car so i can see if it works :hehe: (does that make me a bad person)

• 4 weeks later...

:zee: I am suitably impressed. I came across this topic to find that there were people on here actually talking sense about nitrous stuff. One of the main reasons for me becoming an agent for the Wizards, is I found out how inferior the American kits are through research. Shame I actually bought an American kit before I discovered the truth though. I actually fitted it too, but never used it and am now running WON kits on both my cars.

Think I'll look around.

:D

:zee: I am suitably impressed. I came across this topic to find that there were people on here actually talking sense about nitrous stuff. One of the main reasons for me becoming an agent for the Wizards, is I found out how inferior the American kits are through research. Shame I actually bought an American kit before I discovered the truth though. I actually fitted it too, but never used it and am now running WON kits on both my cars.

Think I'll look around.

:D

well due to the advice i got from here i decided not to fit the stuff i had and am now waiting to get a highpower kit its infuriating getting halfway there then finding out it may be better to do it another way but i'd rather that than watch my pistons break the sound barrier vertically

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links