Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Throttle Sticking - Is200

I have just bought an IS200 SE 52 plate. I thought this was an excellent motor and different from all the BMW's that are everywhere. I've had it for three weeks and have decided it is either going to try to kill me or fall apart on me. Whichever comes first.

The biggest worry is that three times now the accelerator has stuck down on me. It's hard to replicate it always seems to happen when I drop down a gear and floor the throttle. The first time it happend, I was heading towards a roundabout and had to drop the clutch, hit the brakes and get my foot under the accelerator and push it up with my foot. The last time it happened it nearly propelled me towards the back end of a car ahead of me. There are a couple of posts that seem to be the same problem but everyone is blaming the mats.. I don't think this is the case! Next time it happens I'll try and see if I can see whats behind it .. But generally I'm too busy stopping myself becoming road kill.

The other problem is the klunky second gear - (Loads of posts on this problem). In fact the gear box itself feels a bit klunky but it might be I just need to get used to it. Last problem is the alloys are corroded and are basically very badly manufactured. In fact! I'm really miffed I didn't end up buying the BMW!

Last problem is the alloys are corroded and are basically very badly manufactured. In fact! I'm really miffed I didn't end up buying the BMW!

If your are on a 52 plate the wheels should still be under warranty, get in touch with your nearest dealer and they should replace with refurbs :D

the earlier models only had 1 clip on thr RH side, newer models had 2 clips to prevent the mat sliding to the right.

i will put money down that it is the mats as the throttle has a very strong spring on it to prevent it sticking open

• 4 weeks later...

alright mATE, I DONT THINK IT IS THE mats. I HAD MY LEXUS FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND WANTED TO SEE WHAT IT WOULD DO ? I FLOORED IT AND THOUGHT IT MUST HAVE HAD CRUISE CONTROL, AS IT STAYED AT THE SAME SPEED. I TOUCHED THE BRAKE AND IT CLICKED OFF !

TRIED AGAIN AND IT PICKED UP SPEED, IN 4TH GEAR SO I TRIED CHANGING GEAR AND THE ENGINE ROARED, AS IT WENT UP INTO 5TH

TETS IT OUT ON MORWAY, BY FLOORING IT HARD FOR ABOUT 5 SECONDS AND SEE IF IT STICKS ?