Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traction Control

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it on all the time too, in the dry doesn't make too much difference, don't think I've ever set it off at a time that would be dangerous (200 isn't really powerful enough)

In the wet, you'd have to be a bit crazy to switch it off :duh: :driving:

I leave mine on all the time. Feel no reason to turn it off as its there for a reason. Its only come on once or twice when pulling off from the lights to beat either a bmw or just to show a boy racer what a proper car is like :)

i turn mine off quite often unless its raining or bad weather

ifind it a pain some times when you want to get out of a junction quite quick and it comes on but i do have racelogic on my car so i do have a back up

Daza, but that doesn't make sense.

Having traction control on should inevitably get you out of the junction quicker, because the car will keep traction with the road - then you can pull out.

If you turn it off, and just floor it out of the junction the rear wheels will just spin, and leave you spinning in the junction, causing an even more of a hazard.

i turn mine off quite often unless its raining or bad weather

ifind it a pain some times when you want to get out of a junction quite quick and it comes on but i do have racelogic on my car so i do have a back up

Daza, but that doesn't make sense.

Having traction control on should inevitably get you out of the junction quicker, because the car will keep traction with the road - then you can pull out.

If you turn it off, and just floor it out of the junction the rear wheels will just spin, and leave you spinning in the junction, causing an even more of a hazard.

Yeah, but what he means i think is that when you leave a junction in a hurry, the annoying traction control kicks in and cuts all the power, with the car literally ownly being able to roll. quite dangerous really. At least proper clutch control and no traction means a quicker exit form a junction.

i think the tc on the IS is crap, i drive with it off most of the time unless its raining, and in heavy rain i sometimes press the snow button too.

i know exactly where daza is coming from.

yes ti does make the tyres grip plus it makes the bloke coming down the road very fast to wave at me for some reason

but do remember my tyres still dont spin because i have the racelogic on all of the time

i had my traction on the other day,i pulled around a corner and started going up a steep hill,i noticed a bmw right up my arse so i floored it to get rid of the dreamer,my traction kicked right in and slowed me down loads ,just enough to let the goon stay with me ,he looked well pleased till i turned it off and at the next junction it lead onto a dual carriage way ,i ate him alive ,you could see his face thinking what the **** ,so mine is off now when dry just in case of a dreamer beamer :P

I have mine switched off all the time aswell, even in the wet :ph34r:

If you loose it, then you need more foot control or a leason in drifting :P

Not listening to you guys anymore! This forum is dangerous! Took the TRC off today while in traffic, let the car ahead of me go on a good bit and then floored it! Feck I didn't know my Lex could accelerate like that I nearly went up the arse of a Focus! There was that lovely tire squeel though the one that makes you go :D

Not listening to you guys anymore! This forum is dangerous! Took the TRC off today while in traffic, let the car ahead of me go on a good bit and then floored it! Feck I didn't know my Lex could accelerate like that I nearly went up the arse of a Focus! There was that lovely tire squeel though the one that makes you go  :D

LOL.,try it with a supercharger on mate,its feck feck :lol:

As the general concensus seems to be "Off" unless it's a wet road I thought I give it a shot today over a reasonably run - A BIG YES! for improved performance :D :driving:

I suppose it's set to "On" as default for the safety aspect? :question:

As the general concensus seems to be "Off" unless it's a wet road I thought I give it a shot today over a reasonably run - A BIG YES! for improved performance  :D  :driving:

I suppose it's set to "On" as default for the safety aspect?  :question:

well, YES!!! :P

For the average driver though, wouldn't you feel securer knowing they had traction control on just in case. Its a scary thing being out of control.

LOL.,try it with a supercharger on mate,its feck feck  :lol:

...or 280+ hp twin turbo... :whistling:

Mine's turned off all the time, even during the winter and snow. And we get that A LOT here in Finland... :shifty:

I've been about to ask whether someone knows how to make it to be off as default when you first start the car? I already tried my local dealer if they could've done it with that thingy they plug into the obd-port, but no help there... :angry:

Always off, even in the wet. Never needed it before on my other cars and the system on the IS is more of a hindrance than help anyway.

TC can be bloody dangerous on the IS sometimes especially trying to get accross an extremely busy junction with not alot of time to hang about. I

f you floor it with the TC on the car gets "bogged down" and goes nowhere for what seems like an eternity (especially with a 40 ton truck bearing down on you :crybaby: ), One particular junction I cross every morning I have to turn it off (wet or dry) cos there is always some gravel / dirt on the road........... with the TC off at least I know I'm gonna get accross......... wheelspin can always be controlled with the right foot anyhow :D

Thing is TC just stops the wheels spinning won't stop em sliding so if you push too hard the back end will still "hang out", done it a couple of times, ain't rear wheel drive fun. :D

Also agree with the comments on the IS TC it just "bogs" the car down. So off it is most times.

Thing is TC just stops the wheels spinning won't stop em sliding so if you push too hard the back end will still "hang out", done it a couple of times, ain't rear wheel drive fun. :D

Also agree with the comments on the IS TC it just "bogs" the car down. So off it is most times.

whats traction control :P sounds like anti fun button to me :hehe:

I've been about to ask whether someone knows how to make it to be off as default when you first start the car? I already tried my local dealer if they could've done it with that thingy they plug into the obd-port, but no help there... :angry:

This sounds the best option - anyone know how to do it :question:

This sounds the best option - anyone know how to do it :question:

It can be turned off at the back of the switch by joining the light green wire to the black(earth).

I had it like that on mine for ages with no problems.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links