Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traction Control

No. The TRC does not effect fuel consumption.

No. The TRC does NOT effect performance.

Yes, when the little yellow 'skid' light flashes, the TRC cuts back the fuelling to the engine - and that is the only time it has any effect on your car.

As has been said, if you switch TRC off, your car wont swap ends, but that said, it could do with it switched on - and contary to statements made in this thread - IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO YOUR CAR EXCEPT WHEN IT ACTUALLY ACITVATES..

hmm....you may be right, i havent driven mine with traction control in aobut 2 years. It doesnt just cut fueling though, it closes the throttle plate as well. IF it cut just fuel it would sound like the rev limiter.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in my case. It REALLY effects performance in my car, i can't drive flat out round bends with the stupid thing on!

Not in my case. It REALLY effects performance in my car, i can't drive flat out round bends with the stupid thing on!

that and i challenge you to get the factory 0-60 time with it on

lol, wouldn't mind knowing what 0-60 is actually :shifty:

yes, it also does close the throttle down slightly as well - but that really isnt important, as if your a good driver, it should never kick in..

Singh, if yours is kicking in under acceleration and cornering, perhaps you should try being a bit more progressive and fluid with your car control - as I can drive my IS very hard without the TRC ever kicking in...

The best traction control you can have, is your right foot, the electronic device is just there to stop wheelspin...

On my Aristo,like ive said i turn it off,in the dry with the TRC ON,if theres a bump in the road under hard acceleration the TRC will cut in and slow the car up by putting the brakes on,on the same road/bump with it off the car will loose traction for a spilt second,not enough to worry about,im talking about speeds where im at 30 or 40mph when this happens,but i loose no acceleration against when the TRC is on and really overacts.If theres any snow then may be i might find the TRC helpful to get the car rolling off the line.I think you will find that with TRC ON,if the wheels spine up quicker than the TRC can cut in then they will continue to spin until you back the throttle off or the wheels find grip again.

Cheers chips.

LOL...if youre a good driver it shouldnt kick in. If you are trying to be a decent road going citizen it "should never kick in", but i can garuntee no one drives like that all the time, even you. Driving smooth and driving fast CAN be two different things but i usually find myself alot smoother when im racing (im not concentrating on my revmatching so proactivley, my body just does it) and a little jerky on the street when im making a concious effort to be smooth. Now just cause im smoother when im racing doesnt meant that the TRC will never kick in...far from it, to get the vehicle round a corner in the fastest posttible maner it will always kick in.

The next track day you have, do a lap with TRD on and a lap with it off unless you are like me and have no tracks.... :winky:

I can see the problem Am is talking about, the TRD yellows give the car quite a bit more rotation which could lend itself to the situation....not to mention Am has about 80 more bhp than me let alone any dinky is200

The aristo's tration control system is far more advanced than the altezza's (but thne it has to be cause they are freakin tanks).

On my Aristo,like ive said i turn it off,in the dry with the TRC ON,if theres a bump in the road under hard acceleration the TRC will cut in and slow the car up by putting the brakes on,on the same road/bump with it off the car will loose traction for a spilt second,not enough to worry about,im talking about speeds where im at 30 or 40mph when this happens,but i loose no acceleration against when the TRC is on and really overacts.If theres any snow then may be i might find the TRC helpful to get the car rolling off the line.I think you will find that with TRC ON,if the wheels spine up quicker than the TRC can cut in then they will continue to spin until you back the throttle off or the wheels find grip again.

Cheers chips.

Always drive with the TCS off unless it is raining really heavily or icy.

Even with the TCS off and I provoke a wee slide the stability control kicks in and stops the slide, spoil sports :angry:

And no the picture left has nothing to do with the traction control, I had not even found the button yet to turn the TCS off :P

Always drive with the TCS off unless it is raining really heavily or icy.

Even with the TCS off and I provoke a wee slide the stability control kicks in and stops the slide, spoil sports  :angry:

And no the picture left has nothing to do with the traction control, I had not even found the button yet to turn the TCS off  :P

:ohmy: Hope no one got hurt .............How was the mini.. or is it a supermini now :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links