Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Would You Do If

bowker

After finding several new dents on my IS what would you do if you saw someone opening their car door onto yours?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. After finding several new dents on my IS what would you do if you saw someone opening their car door onto yours?

• Smash up their car
    • Beat them with your shoe to within an inch of their life
    • Get them to pay for it
    • Shout & Swear and do nothing about it
    • Cry

Why do people park so close? :tsktsk:

Why can't they be careful when they open the door? :tsktsk:

Why do they when there are no markings on a car park block people in? :tsktsk:

I going down the BMW route of taking up 2 spaces!! :whistling:

Costco must have the best parking spaces ever nice and roomy with plenty of lines!! :D

I would do the following

Smash up their car

Beat them with your shoe to within an inch of their life

Get them to pay for it

Watch them Shout & Swear and do nothing about it

Watch them Cry

Hmmm think I missed a few options  :blush:

Why can you never catch the swines doing it?

Cos when you are in or near the car they know that the following is likely to happen.

I would do the following

Smash up their car

Beat them with your shoe to within an inch of their life

Get them to pay for it

Watch them    Shout & Swear and do nothing about it

Watch them       Cry

Had one the other day, woman with her trolley leaning agianst MY back bumper, popped the boot from max range and she nearly S**t herself, moved the trolley PDQ and apologised profusely. No damage done so let it pass with a "hate stare"

Lex is out of bounds at supermarket car park unless wifey goes in on her on and I am in the car playing music. So that they do not bump it

I have enough marks from car parts

The Mitsubishi Galant is the car park muppet

Shame it is going though

Looking for another :blush:

Had some young chav slam his door into mine a while back while i was sat in the car. Got out, checked mine for damage lucky there was none. Calmly kicked off his wing mirror and stared straight at him waiting for reply. Looked like he was going to cry, sat back in his car, more careful with door this time and drove off.

Aside from the "Nothing option" Id do all of the above. Why is and im not sure if others would agree but I try and find a nice big car park and park in a space with no surrounding cars and plenty of other spaces for other cars to park as lousey or careless as they want.

But upon returning to my car I notice there is still loads of huge spaces for the 4x4s and other t :tsktsk: tish drivers but some one has parked next to my car.

Why the hell do people do that? Are they worried there car will get lonely or something? A few cautious steps taken has meant me looking like the Inept one. Feel free to take up 2 spaces, use disabled spaces where possible and are plenty in excess, avoid parking next to 4x4, cars with kids seats and avoide parking next to shonkers!!

:o

Whilst at swimming lessons with my little one last weekend I watched another parent park next to my wifes Rav and open the door on it.

When we'd finished I had a look at the dent/scuff she'd made and then left a nice little note on her windscreen saying that I'd watched her do it and as I had her reg no. I would go straight thru the insurance- I left my number in case she wanted to discuss.

She didnt unfortunately, but the day after another tw@t in a Landrover decided to take the whole wing mirror off at 50mph damaging the window and door anyway...I digress, anyway she didnt ring so when I saw her car again this saturday I left her a little present on the rear quater panel.

It made me feel better and is always the case, theres never a witness around when you need one :winky:

Had some young chav slam his door into mine a while back while i was sat in the car. Got out, checked mine for damage lucky there was none. Calmly kicked off his wing mirror and stared straight at him waiting for reply. Looked like he was going to cry, sat back in his car, more careful with door this time and drove off.

Ha ha :D Just read this!! Like you're style!! Ever thought of anger management classes?

Thats quality mate!! :lol:

Ha ha :D Just read this!! Like you're style!! Ever thought of anger management classes?

I vote for that reaction too :lol: and i do go to anger management classes :winky:

Voted that i'd get them to pay for it as i think smashing up their is going a bit too far. I love the idea of kicking off their wing mirror. Maybe even a swift kick to their door or wing would stop them from doing it in future. :ph34r::shifty::whistling:

No need for anger management mate, as i said 'CALMLY' kicked off his wing mirror.

Whilst at swimming lessons with my little one last weekend I watched another parent park next to my wifes Rav and open the door on it.

When we'd finished I had a look at the dent/scuff she'd made and then left a nice little note on her windscreen saying that I'd watched her do it and as I had her reg no. I would go straight thru the insurance- I left my number in case she wanted to discuss.

She didnt unfortunately, but the day after another tw@t in a Landrover decided to take the whole wing mirror off at 50mph damaging the window and door anyway...I digress, anyway she didnt ring so when I saw her car again this saturday I left her a little present on the rear quater panel.

It made me feel better and is always the case, theres never a witness around when you need one  :winky:

Those small auto punch tools would be good for this............oh what are they called, make starter hole/indent in metal sheeting....

Damn......that is just class!! :zee:

Wish I had the gut the do that!! If I did it I'd probably get beaten up!!

Need to get down to the gym more I think!

• 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...

I don't mean to be confrontational or anything, but I don't get this about people. I wouldn't do anything if I saw someone hit my car with the door of their vehicle. First of all, how many of us have done this ourselves to another persons vehicle accidentally? If someone did this to my vehicle it's not like they said “I guess I will just mess this car up next to me, watch this!” Accidents happen and screaming and yelling at someone doesn't fix anything. You will still have a dent or scratch, but getting angry about it will only make you angry, as well. It won't accomplish anything else. After all, it is just a car anyway. A car can be replaced.