Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys, tdi say they can give improved performance of 10-15 BHP to the new lexus gs300, would anyone realy notice the difference with such a low improvement? :blink:

I think it depends how much toqure it will give!!

sorry to go off tpoic but is your car silver?

Hi guys, tdi say they can give improved performance of 10-15 BHP to the new lexus gs300, would anyone realy notice the difference with such a low improvement? :blink:

Also where in the rev range the extra torque is.

Why does everone talk about BHP, torque is the noticeable bit that makes you accelerate, more torque better acceleration :driving: Torque for go, power for speed.

No, but I'd notice losing my warranty.

There are other threads on this. The dealer needs to prove that a mod was responsible for a failure covered under warranty to reject a claim.

:D It is yes

Torque for go, power for speed.

absolutely!

what are they doing to give this extra figure John?

is it a upgrade that is similar to one for the MKI / MKII - or a MKIII specific one?

if so very quick off the mark for mods for the gen III - well done Mark and TDI :D

:) It's a re-map I think of the Fuel and timing not VVT alteration.

:) Who if anyone could tell, even lexus service engineers probably would not go looking for info in the engine management dept, I don,t think I would bother with this as the car is very quick anyway, IMHO it's faster than 7.2secs too 60MPH in the states they got it at around 6.8secs, seems more beleavable to me. 0-100 is very quick. Mid range is good too.The deception is the cars quietness, whilst sceeming away, others make a song and dance (BMW 3.0 D)lexus does it :shifty: in relative silence.

There are other threads on this. The dealer needs to prove that a mod was responsible for a failure covered under warranty to reject a claim.

Spot on.

But it will probably invalidate your insurance if not declared

Any change from standard spec you don't declare could invalidate your insurance including tyres. Insuance companies will wriggle out of paying any way they can.

Spot on.

But it will probably invalidate your insurance if not declared

Any change from standard spec you don't declare could invalidate your insurance including tyres. Insuance companies will wriggle out of paying any way they can.

:duh: Very True

:) Who if anyone could tell, even lexus service engineers probably would not go looking for info in the engine management dept, I don,t think I would bother with this as the car is very quick anyway, IMHO it's faster than 7.2secs too 60MPH in the states they got it at around 6.8secs, seems more beleavable to me. 0-100 is very quick. Mid range is good too.The deception is the cars quietness, whilst sceeming away, others make a song and dance (BMW 3.0 D)lexus does it  :shifty: in relative silence.

Autocar road test reports 0-60mph 6.9secs http://www.autocar.co.uk/RoadTest_FullData.asp?RT=214784

Lexus UK claim 0-100km/h (62mph) 7.2secs

The gear ratios work well for these speeds as only one change is required

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links