Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mark@tdi/PROLEX,Other Experts Opinions (and Peeps)

Maybe Scott can give us more info on the touring car engines?

mines been reliable, so far, even when it was N/A and i had a very heavy right foot  :ph34r:

Don't know what they do to those engines, but its got to be them trying to squeze every last bit of power out of them..........scott? :P

Mat,

I think for exclusivity alone, the GTE engine in an altezza would be enough for me. If you wanted a 3SGE IS' then you would have bought and stripped out an RS200 in the beginning, as that's effective what you'll end up with, i guess.

I'm not too hot on the rest of toyota's stablemates but these are the same 3SGTE's in the SW20's right? It would be a badass motor with the GTE engine!

In terms of mods - we all know bolt on equipment is always easier to get and fit and for those like me I would go with the 3SGE as bits are easier to comeby and install. Therefore you'll need to be pretty experienced in the whole car modifications and assembly thing if you were to go down the 3SGTE route. You obviosuly know what you are doing and have the knowledge and experience etc. to make it happen. You know it makes sense Mat ;)

If you were talking about a 1JZ or a 3SGTE........ thats a whole different story!!!

i can get a 1jz...but i dont want to go that route

the BTCC cars are using Highly tuned 3S-GE , from what i understand, there using a fair bit of TODA stuff

i know when TMSR were racing the old black cars there engines were supplied by TODA

I think maybe there could be a few mods needed on the gte lump as they are mounted in the car at an incline so the sump and oil pickup would need putting right, but then again, you probably already knew that.

yep, am looking at Using the altezza sump and pick up

Sounds like quite a dilema. however being the simple person that i am, i've come up with an idea to help you out, well question that you should ask yourself.

Which engine sounds better ? good old iron block or new school alloy block ?

thats my two pence to the question. probably make no difference to your choice.

:)

• 1 month later...

Guys and gyals (if any),

Sorry to resurrect the dead, being a new member I am now seeing this post. I previously owned a :driving: very modded :driving: Celica GT4 so I feel compelled to add my thoughts to this thread. Hope no one minds! :tomato:

I personally plan to take the 3SGTE route as well. I have been pondering my choices (the car I am about to purchase has the 1GFE) but after reading this thread I think that 3SGTE is definitely the way to go (at least for me). My major concern is the strength of that 6-spd tranny, because I'm thinking a 400HP goal with the 3SGTE.

Coming from a Celica background I learnt of maaaaaaaaaaany aftermarket options for the 3SGTE. I know of OEM/aftermarket dealers here in the Caribbean, in the US, the UK, and even as far as Australia. I'm still a member of the Yahoo GT4 group so I can gather any info I need on the 3SGTE from there. I don't have as much info/contacts for the BEAMS 3SGE.

Righty, all that blah blah is simply to say, if the 3SGTE can be mounted (including wiring, sump & oil pickup mods) then the tuning possibilities are endless. :arrrggg-matey: Mat, I'm backing you with your 3SGTE project, keep us all posted, and good luck! :luck:

• 1 month later...

im hoping to go totally stand alone.....as in ditch the whole cars loom.

im just trying to find someone intrested in helping do all this......i have one ECU manufacturer i am in talks with

things like lights, horn and wipers can be fitted later into the loom...........

regarding the engine dilema, i went for the 3s-ge....just tring to find a decent...not stupid priced turbo kit to fit.....will do internals aswell .......hopefully

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links