Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mintex 1144 Vs Ebc Green Stuff - Pros And Cons

I have tried both.

Although the EBC pads dramatically reduce brake dust, they're too hard IMO and cause the discs to warp very quickly - prolly more of a problem on an auto than a manual. You should only really use EBC pads with EBC discs too.

I have Mintex pads fitted at the current time and deffo prefer them.

I have EBC green stuff pads though they've only been on the car about 2000 miles. I think someone said they get hotter which is why they are more likely to cause discs to warp but I've got DBA 4000XS slotted/drilled discs which should get rid of the heat better than standard discs so I'm hoping I'm OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting tyres the other day I noticed I'll be needing pads shortly too............. don't want to use the EBC ones if they are gonna warp my discs?

So with stock discs what is the best pad?

I need to cut down on brake dust big time but not at the expense of my discs........ I ain't changing them

Mee too ..... can anyone recommend a "decent" pair of pads .... for my IS3.

with a hope that I can get them by Tuesday the latest ? - delivered !! (to be installed on Wednesday)

Cheers.

You keeping the standard discs then mate?

For the moment yes .......... don't have spare cash for new discs right now ! :crybaby:

From LCP Automotive round the corner from me i got mintex pads and discs for £100 all in- not a bad price! cheaper than ANYWHERE else around as they give me trade price!

SOO if you realy want em, i could have a word!

For the moment yes .......... don't have spare cash for new discs right now ! :crybaby:

From LCP Automotive round the corner from me i got mintex pads and discs for £100 all in- not a bad price! cheaper than ANYWHERE else around as they give me trade price!

£100 all in ? that sounds like a good price ...... what do they look like ? anything special ?

i am very happy with mintex ones

prolex usually have them in stock

yea i 2nd what Bazza says..............i had EBC Green IMO i dont think they are as good as the mintex...............and i have 16 groove pagid Discs as well!

IMO EBC i give 6/10 & mintex i give 9/10 :winky:

thirded!!

£100 all in ? that sounds like a good price ...... what do they look like ? anything special ?

look like standard discs and pads!

Note... Mintex M1144 are a special compound (higher friction) and come in a blue box. I doubt that most of you have used it before in a Lexus, since it does not come with an e-mark. M1144 compound are comparable to the Ferodo DS2500 compound and have a significantly better stopping power compared to the EBC Greenstuff.

The Mintex pads that most of you have ... are the Redbox compound, which provide a bit better stopping power compared to stock, but are priced similar (or even cheaper) than the stock pads.

Note... Mintex M1144 are a special compound (higher friction) and come in a blue box.  I doubt that most of you have used it before in a Lexus, since it does not come with an e-mark.  M1144 compound are comparable to the Ferodo DS2500 compound and have a significantly better stopping power compared to the EBC Greenstuff.

The Mintex pads that most of you have ... are the Redbox compound, which provide a bit better stopping power compared to stock, but are priced similar (or even cheaper) than the stock pads.

Red boxed are the ones I have

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links