Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So....

Fidgits

If a policeman can get off for doing 160mph because 'he is a highly trained proffesional' testing his car...

How come Jenson Button (who, being a F1 driver, can be considered to be one of the best drivers in the world) was banned from driving for doing 130mph?

And if I get a ticket for doing 80mph on the M4 - half the speed of this policeman, surely this is a double standard..

:whistling:

I fully agree with you Ian ........... I'm an advanced police driver, however that does not give me an excuse to drive at those speeds whilst not on a call (not even when on a call !!!) ........

............ or, I suppose, legally - now it does ;)

Who want's be to test there car ? :lol:

In my mind he should have gone on a test track if he wanted to get to learn to handle it.

He should have got 12 mobth ban, big fine, sacked from the force full stop.

Interesting the force have now brought out rules to say you can't do this sort of speed - only in an emergency ..... :whistling:

He should have got 12 mobth ban, big fine, sacked from the force full stop.

I would imagine he get's some kind of internal disicplinary ..............

Disqualified from driving police cars ........... and maybe some more....

So is that now a legal precedent set then, in that a policeman "testing" a new police car is allowed to do 157MPH??

If it has gone through the court ......... and that's what the judge has ruled, it will now become case law :shutit:

Meaning it will be allowed ............. "legally" - not to sure, how the police force/service policy would agree.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links