Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insuarnce Cover

Hopefully taking delivery of a new RX400h on the launch date (15/06/05) and have telephone a lot of insurance companies to get a quote.

Unfortunately none of them had the model listed yet, and was unable to give me a quote.

As insurance cover is needed in order to collect the car I am in a bit of a dilemma situation.

What to do? Any suggestions?

Hopefully taking delivery of a new RX400h on the launch date (15/06/05) and have telephone a lot of insurance companies to get a quote.

Unfortunately none of them had the model listed yet, and was unable to give me a quote.

As insurance cover is needed in order to collect the car I am in a bit of a dilemma situation.

Hmm - interesting dilemma!

Have you given www.confused.com a whirl? If their database accepts your car, then it will try loads of insurance companies and give you the best quote.

I did manage to get a better quote from Directline.com though.

I suggest you try Lexus, they have their own insurance and hopefully they know about the car. Unfortunately with the launch of any new car ( and sometimes model ) it takes time to filter through to the insurance companies..........

Back in Dec 2003 when I first bought the car many online sites only listed the IS300 Special Edition, the standard IS300 didn't appear (even though it had been available for some years), so I ended up losing 10% discount 'cause I had to go via the phone.

The dealer should be able cover you .............. and obviously tell them, that without the cover, you can't pay them for a car, you are not legally able to drive ! :)

They should be able to cover you, at least even to drive it home ..... untill you buy some insurance ! (hopefully it get's listed then)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links