Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

swapped my BMW 730i (189k miles) today for a very clean GS300SE so here's a few first impressions.

Dealer was great - Lexus Teesside - no arrogance which I have experienced over the years at BM and particularly Merc dealers. car was immaculate when delivered and they'd put 4 new tyres on when only one really needed replacing. (Not quite sure about the Federal tyres, but I'll let you know).

The car - quieter than the BMw but probably not as quiet as when the BMW was relatively new. Road noise is definitely much worse but it may be the new tyres and/or over inflation as it thums badly oer minor holes

Finish on the Lexus is better. Gadgets are better. Like the glass sunroof. Like the automatic lights.

I Don't believe the performance figures - the V8 3.00 BMW seems to me even at 189k miles to have more urgency in acceleration than the GS300

Boot is wider but the mouth is very small - can only just squeeze my fishing tackle box through.

Sound system not as good on the Lexus - presumably that's why they have made the Mark Levinson stuff standard fit now. Anyone with any tips as to how to get rid of the booming sound please shout up

Nice to have a change, but at the moment, I'm regretting missing the opportunity to buy my pal's BMW 740i. Perhaps my view will change over the next few weeks

Mike

swapped my BMW 730i (189k miles) today for a very clean GS300SE so here's a few first impressions.

Dealer was great - Lexus Teesside - no arrogance which I have experienced over the years at BM and particularly Merc dealers.  car was immaculate when delivered and they'd put 4 new tyres on when only one really needed replacing.  (Not quite sure about the Federal tyres, but I'll let you know).

The car - quieter than the BMw but probably not as quiet as when the BMW was relatively new.  Road noise is definitely much worse but it may be the new tyres and/or over inflation as it thums badly oer minor holes

Finish on the Lexus is better.  Gadgets are better.  Like the glass sunroof.  Like the automatic lights.

I Don't believe the performance figures - the V8 3.00 BMW seems to me even at 189k miles to have more urgency in acceleration than the GS300

Boot is wider but the mouth is very small - can only just squeeze my fishing tackle box through.

Sound system not as good on the Lexus - presumably that's why they have made the Mark Levinson stuff standard fit now.  Anyone with any tips as to how to get rid of the booming sound please shout up

Nice to have a change, but at the moment, I'm regretting missing the opportunity to buy my pal's BMW 740i.  Perhaps my view will change over the next few weeks

Mike

try resetting the ecu to get the car to drive to your way of driving that may make it pick up a bit faster booming sound though  :blink: tried adjusting the bass  :D

try resetting the ecu to get the car to drive to your way of driving that may make it pick up a bit faster booming sound though  :blink: tried adjusting the bass  :D

Does ECU stand for electronic control unit? - if so it doesn't sound like something I could do. Tried reducing the bass to about -4 and faded away from the back speaker, but still relatively yukky sound (compared to the 730i)

Mike

Does ECU stand for electronic control unit? - if so it doesn't sound like something I could do.

It's a fuse pull. Click here for instructions.

Don`t forget to leave the ignition switched to 'on' for 6 mins before kicking it in or it won`t start.

Andy