Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

*update* Alternator Issue..

After getting my car checked out yesterday by a local freind of mine :P My Alternator had gone capput :tsktsk:

Rang up a local scrappers :

Alternator off a 51-reg IS200 SE ... £35

Fitted and tested... £10

Checked Air Con & Re-Gassed+oiled ... £40

Total Cost... £85

Thats not a bad price, considering i only found out that the alternator passed its sell-by-date about 4.30pm and by 6.30pm car was sorted :hehe::hehe: :P

Oh!! also picked up a Front Passenger Window, due to some scratches on mine for £35 as well :whistling:

(anyone know how to fit the window? is it pretty straight forward?)

Imi

Thats good to know :) I think i would have my Alternator re-wound to cope with the ICE... around 250-280A of current draw there, obviously thats at full chat and on a constant sine wave but stillll....

Yep.. think you could call it "JAMMY" :lol::lol:

Whats the process of getting these wound up? as you know i am running a few bits n bobs of ice myself :whistling: with the Optima Yellow Top Battery...

So far the Battery is copin very well indeed, considering the cars been runing all the ICE and the engine on Battery power for the past 3 weeks due to the alternator being bust :tomato:

Felt the difference driving into work, bit of power there, the exhaust tone has also returned now :driving:

They just rewind the coil state, more turns or thicker wire.... one of the two.

The case will determine the limits of making more output. They have 100 or 120A right? i'd expect about 20-40A more if its decent size...

Can get exspensive though, Ohio Generator alternators could probably make a 300A unit if u really wanted - ££££

lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links