Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mot Blue Sticker

terdancam

just had the 1st MOT done on My Precious today.

Was given the certificate and a new blue sticker with the exp date hand written on it.

Didn`t notice until we left so didn`t get to ask and have also checked the vosa.gov.uk website to see what the point of it is....................as per ruddy usual with a government website its of no help whatsoever :tsktsk: .

So what is the crack? Iv`e seen some cars with them in their windscreens, but i don`t particularly want my motor looking like an mot testing station :D

Does it have to go on legally, or is it some more pointless bureaucracy?

• 2 weeks later...

took one of the company vehicles in for an mot today

was told it had to be booked in now, as the test is logged by computer

they then said they have to allow 1.5 hours to carry out the test, so they spend about an hour drinking coffee and doing nothing !

the immisions is computer linked to the certificate and is not allowed to be done more than once !!

the certificate is computer printed out with all the information being sent to the main data base

they seem to be changing the rules a bit :crying:

they then said they have to allow 1.5 hours to carry out the test, so they spend about an hour drinking coffee and doing nothing !

the immisions is computer linked to the certificate and is not allowed to be done more than once !!

the certificate is computer printed out with all the information being sent to the main data base

they seem to be changing the rules a bit  :crying:

"yes" they are Big time!......good/ bad i'm not sure, this time next year the cost for an MOT will be more than £40 and thats a "fact"

"yes" they are Big time!......good/ bad i'm not sure, this time next year the cost for an MOT will be more than £40 and thats a "fact"

With these rule changes it probably explains why at least two garages I used to visit have now stopped doing MOTs! :blink:

plus you have to pay again to get it retested and have the car there for another hour while they check everything, although there are obviously ways around this

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links