Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How did you find The Lexus Owners Club?

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Was looking for some assistance re ongoing issues, found this site on the web and it looks like a great resource of information.

As I'm new to the forum perhaps some of you kind folk can assist or perhaps direct to where best my query should be addressed.

Car is a 2007 IS250 Sport 90k, I live in Dublin, it's a UK car that I've had since it was 6 month old.

Most recent and long term issue is the constant 'check VSC', 'triangle light' & 'traction control light' which yesterday prevented my car passing the NCT (Road worthiness certificate), bit of a problem this as without it car is effectively off the road come January.

Car drives very well, full Lexus main dealer service history but there have been some common well reported issues over the years (judder at low rev, calipers sticking, full clutch replacement [solution to judder, i still question that one] , new alternator recently as smoke was coming from under bonnet) but all told for 10 years driving not bad.

So the issue is that the Lexus dealer now tells me that the warning lights are a  result of a stretched timing chain, originally i was told that a chain tensioner would be the fix but now told that a full timing chain needed, I feel that garage is unsure of correct fix and am getting fobbed off a bit. Am being told that a new chain perhaps not a cost effective fix but to my mind the car should should be good probably for another 70/80K if looked after.

Any suggestion or indeed if this sounds like a problem you have encountered I'd love to hear.

Thanks, Patrick.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't think I've ever posted in here...

I came across the LOC when I googled for info on the car I had just bought and driven home in without any tax or insurance. :smile:

The car (an IS200 LE) was an impulse buy and I literally knew nothing about it. Been with Lexus ever since. :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/18/2002 at 2:07 AM, Steve said:

Hey guys and Gals..

Bit of a Team Lexus Survey going on here... we need to know how you found the Team Lexus website.. was it from a search engine or a link from another site.. we would really be interested to know.

Cheers in advance 🙂

your Bud

Admin :smilegrin:

• 4 weeks later...

Found this site when looking for a Lexus forum on Google having purchased an RX450h.  I was previously a member of a BMW forum with my E39 530iSE and know how helpful it can be to exchange information and help on car forums.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!  Was researching the fuel consumption of a 2012 RX450h -after buying it, I might add and bob's your uncle.  There you were.  Found the information on a website called Fuelly which looks very interesting to keep track of fuel consumption.  Beats an MS Excel spreadsheet, anyway.

Living in Italy, BTW

Edited by TRWeasle
Added location

Hello Amit,

welcome to the forum as well as Fuelly, there is, "Spiritmonitor.de,"that is also good.

both have phone apps.

Greetings from Lombardia.

Michael.

Hi 

the good old google search.

Always found what I needed to know by google jumping me to the owners club website, and thought its about time I join to give something back in return.

Thanks guys 

• 2 weeks later...