Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How did you find The Lexus Owners Club?

Steve

Google search for Lexus forum lead me to the Owners Club then as a potential owner of a SC430 I contacted the club to ask if a non owner could join, the rest as they say is history, just need to post those SC430 questions I have, thats after I've checked out the Lexus SC430 thread to see if they have already been asked and answered? :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi new to the LOC and found it quite by accident on google. Was interested in ways to help with turbo lag etc and have read with great interest the discussions on chips,remapping,boxes etc,

Didnt know that 220d was considered a crap engine because all reviews i read said was great car, I ended up buying a 57 plate 220d with 66k on clock. So far this has been best car i have ever had, only car to come close was Honda Accord i had..Read tonight about oil maint red light as it came on- invaluable info from the forum here.

All I can say is great comments from members and keep up the good work

Ricky

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Approximately 5 years ago my father owned a Lexus IS200se, which he bought from his best friends son. When he bought it & it was delivered it turned out that that the car had been modified, the usual suspects alloy wheels, remapping and had also been fitted with a Toyota Altezza RS200 exhaust. Well the moment I laid my eyes on that car I knew I just had to have it & after my father drove me down the M3 motorway I felt the power and heard the roar of the engine, I was smitten. I made my dad promise if he ever got rid of it i would get first refusal. At this point I started looking up body kits, etc etc, at this time I was checking every search engine social network and so forth, then during one of my numerous searches I was on Google and I kept seeing links to Lexus Owners club, at first I merely gave the site a quick perusal but then I started to notice that this site seemed to have a rather large following on Facebook, twitter etc and I joined them merely for tips, gossip etc. Eventually I gave the home of the Lexus Owners Club a proper once over and started seeing the benefits of joining up as a fully fledged member be it discounted insurance deals, discounts for various websites and high street stores and so forth. Now I am actually the proud owner of what was my dads Lexus IS200se and I am so glad I joined The Lexus Owners Club, I use it almost daily be it for advice from other lexus owners in the forum it's connected social sites, for the occasional cheeky discount or for the hot gossip on the latest Lexus cars to hit the road or every now and then even a test drive of said cars. I am so glad I found your site and social links, for I would now be lost with out them. Thankyou so much 

I was searching on Google for info about DPF issues with the IS220D and I found some discussions here. My Honda Accord 2.2 iCDTI died a couple of days ago, timing chain gone at 210K - I used to read and research stuff a lot on typeaccord.co.uk, and it was a great community.

I bought a Lexus this morning, and I liked the look of this site, I'm sure I'll be back here often!

35 minutes ago, Zabberdast said:

I was searching on Google for info about DPF issues with the IS220D and I found some discussions here. My Honda Accord 2.2 iCDTI died a couple of days ago, timing chain gone at 210K - I used to read and research stuff a lot on typeaccord.co.uk, and it was a great community.

I bought a Lexus this morning, and I liked the look of this site, I'm sure I'll be back here often!

Hi Zabberdast and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

35 minutes ago, Zabberdast said:

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, a big hello to everyone here!

I found the site whilst doing research online into the RX300. I've found loads of useful info here and hope to be able to contribute in the same way during my time here!

r

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

Newbie here, my last 2 cars were Lexus. 1st a gs300 and now an rx400h, both have been best cars I've owned.Previous car history being bmw 5 series, volvo s80, renault safrane, renault 25 back in the day lol.

Anyway found you by just googling anything about lexus.

• 3 weeks later...